Train from CDG-Disneyland

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Hi folks,

we've booked up for another trip - wasn't long in the planning since we're only back from our Nov trip! This time I was looking at the option of the train from CDG to the resort. I tried it once a long time ago and recall it was stressful for getting tickets and finding the right platform/part of the train.

Can anyone offer any advice on how it works there/best advice/tips/where to go/what to do.......

Thanks!

Nick

Hi,

We tried it in January and would agree it was a little stressful. The 10min journey time was excellent and I would consider it again.

Getting the tickets was pretty straightforward as soon as we turned the machine to English language (although we had complexity from the machine saying we needed a ticket for a 1 year old but staffing saying not).

Finding the platform was ok but with luggage and a buggy the elevator wasnt the easiest to manoeuvre. Getting aboard the train, again with luggage and a buggy wasn't great either.

All in, if we didn't have a buggy and/or lots of luggage I would do it again if our flight times made sense. But I wouldn't rush to go that route again.

Hi,

We tried it in January and would agree it was a little stressful. The 10min journey time was excellent and I would consider it again.

Getting the tickets was pretty straightforward as soon as we turned the machine to English language (although we had complexity from the machine saying we needed a ticket for a 1 year old but staffing saying not).

Finding the platform was ok but with luggage and a buggy the elevator wasnt the easiest to manoeuvre. Getting aboard the train, again with luggage and a buggy wasn't great either.

All in, if we didn't have a buggy and/or lots of luggage I would do it again if our flight times made sense. But I wouldn't rush to go that route again.

Thanks! How long do you reckon you need from scheduled arrival time to getting the train? Our flight is due in at 13:35 so I was thinking of getting the 14:49 train.....

We took the TGV on our trip and loved the experience. We didn't buy tickets in advance as our flight had a spotty arrival time. Once we found the right terminal, we were having trouble with the machines (I suspect because of our American credit card) so we waited to buy tickets from an actual person at the train counter. We had a bit of a wait until our train but we ate lunch and the time passed quickly.

Thanks! How long do you reckon you need from scheduled arrival time to getting the train? Our flight is due in at 13:35 so I was thinking of getting the 14:49 train.....

Assuming you're flying into the same terminal as the train (I think it's Terminal 2) and have to wait for luggage I'd say an hour to an hour and a half from scheduled arrival to being able to get on the train.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter