• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trams still not running?

Are the trams still not running? If not, isn't that ridiculous?
I don't think they are running them yet as they are still only using the front parts of the parking l;oits that are esably walkable to the park entrence or to the TTC. From what I have seen from various vlogs the parking lots are fairly empty still as most of the people who are staying in site are taking Disney transportation as they are currently letting them in earlier then guest who are driving in

I’ve also read that tram CMs are primarily CP. Maybe they still don’t have enough of them onsite and trained.

If you can't use the tram and you have a person that can not walk that distance are there any options to drop that person off closer to the TTC?

If you can't use the tram and you have a person that can not walk that distance are there any options to drop that person off closer to the TTC?
Yes, there’s a drop off location near the TTC. I’m not exactly sure how to get to it - I believe you need to follow signs to the Poly (don’t go through the parking lot booths) and there are signs for guest drop off. Then you have to swing all the way around and enter the parking lot, park, and walk to meet them. If I’m wrong, I hope someone will correct me! I looked at the maps @Robo has at https://www.disboards.com/threads/maps-by-robo-wdw-places-how-to-get-there.3545729/, didn’t immediately see it, but hopefully the link will help you!

No trams yet. Don't worry though, parking prices are still the same. No need to rebudget.

Yes, there’s a drop off location near the TTC. I’m not exactly sure how to get to it - I believe you need to follow signs to the Poly (don’t go through the parking lot booths) and there are signs for guest drop off. Then you have to swing all the way around and enter the parking lot, park, and walk to meet them.

It's the lot labeled "Buses (Monorail Relief)" and "Off-site Buses".

MK-TTC-Parking-Lot_041218_zpsjnmuuwqe.jpg

It's my understanding that the trams are in bad shape and can't be used. I guess no one bothered to take care of them during covid, I read that they can't be fixed. I hope they come back but don't count on it. Otherwise disney would have bought new ones or tried to keep them in some kind of working order

I've definitely had to park in Scar probably row 420 all the way to the end and let me tell you ... it's a hike. I really hope they bring the trams back at least for MK and Epcot

It's the lot labeled "Buses (Monorail Relief)" and "Off-site Buses".

MK-TTC-Parking-Lot_041218_zpsjnmuuwqe.jpg
Good map. Just one more point. After dropping off in that lot the only way into the MK lot is to drive back down World Drive as though heading to Epcot and go about a mile past the regular MK parking booths where you can then make a u-turn to get back.

I find it hard to believe when the trams quit running they did not service them for storage. even if they didn't I have had gas operated equipment not run for a year add fresh gas and they cranked right up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter