• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transfer points

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
I have learned so much from this board and from other members. After years of owning a DVC, nearly a decade, I just now learned that banked and borrowed points can't be transferred. Only current UY points are transferable.

Who knew?

I am still working on understanding the rule of 4, but that is another story.

There is always something to learn!! Rule of 4 simply means you can not book a stay during your last 4 months of your UY for certain collections--not DVC resort--once you have entered those 4 months.

Thank you for the help. I wanted to just check on a resort at DLP and DVC told me I could not make the reservation because it was in the last 4 months. I just shook my head at the time.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind it but it is the rule so ok.

Thank you for the help. I wanted to just check on a resort at DLP and DVC told me I could not make the reservation because it was in the last 4 months. I just shook my head at the time.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind it but it is the rule so ok.

Just to clarify, you CAN make reservations during the last 4 months of your Use Year - as long as the non-DVC reservations are more than 4 months from the arrival date (ie- in the next Use Year). DVC reservations may be made for stays at DVC resorts at any time during your Use Year without restriction.

The reason is that, for the non-DVC options, DVC must "pay" for the stay (DCL, other Disney resorts, Concierge Collection, Adventurer Collection) by renting the points used for those options. The "Rule of Four" gives DVC a better opportunity to rent reservations made using points that will expire within 4 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter