• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transferring between hotels

Dis Ohana

All your dreams can come true if you have the cour
We are planning to stay at the GCH in December. We arrive late at night and were thinking of staying at a site near DL or even at the PP if the rates are low enough, then transferring to the GCH the next morning before going to the park.

My question is: If we stayed at the PP or DLH, would they make the luggage transfer for us, and would check-in, etc be easier?
Trying to weigh cost vs. convinience. I don't mind paying a little extra if it'll avoid a check-in hassle on our first day in the park.

I would also like that question answered, the first day I get to the hotel I woun't be going to the park, I might think of going to a less expensive room for the one night then going over to the GC. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

We did this on a trip last year. Stayed the first night at the PPH as it was a lot less $$ (Sat. night), and then transferred to the GCH for the rest of our trip. Called the Bell Desk at PPH, they came and picked up our bags and brought them over to GCH. When we arrived in our room at GCH, called for the bags and voila, they arrived!

Check in however was no different than being at an offsite hotel. We had to check out of the PPH and check into the GCH. It really wasn't a big deal though, as we just did the self check out at PPH, and we we arrived early at the GCH so there wasn't a long line. The two hotels are considered separate entities, so the billing is individual to the hotel.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Thanks, I am thinking of looking into doing that. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter