• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transferring deposit from WDTC to CRO

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Have you ever transferred a deposit from WDTC to CRO? If so, how long did it take for the $ to appear on your new reservation? I'm just curious how long the process usually takes. Thanks.

I canceled a DC WDTC reservation last year when codes came out for CBR (CRO). They did not transfer it. They credited my card with the old deposit and recharged the new. It was all done in 2 or 3 days.

I did the same thing (actually CRO to WDTC to get the DC discount). They will not transfer the money. I was sent a check back from CRO because I paid my deposit with a check, and I had to put a new deposit down on the WDTC reservation.

My reservation was with WDTC using the Disney Club discount. On Monday I was able to transfer my reservation to the AXA code by rebooking in the CRO system and cancelling in WDTC. I paid my deposit by check and it only had to be $100.00 b/c it was with the travel co. When I went with CRO they asked if they would like me to transfer the deposit from travel co. to them and I said yes. Since the new reservation is with CRO, the deposit is now one night's stay. I was told by the CM to wait until the deposit is transferred and then pay the rest of the balance (one night's stay minus the $100 I already paid).

I called yesterday and it had not transferred yet. I called again today and the CM said it still has not transferred but she saw the note about the transfer and it usually takes up to 5 days. I asked if it was normal to be told to wait until the $$ is transferred before sending in the remaining deposit balance and she said yes. Now I'm confused (and I have probably confused you too) because some of you are saying the deposit can not be transferred. I think I'll call back to triple check. Thank you for your responses.

. I think I'll call back to triple check.
That's the best thing to do. And please let us know what they say because this is something new if they are handling it that way now. For our last 2 trips I switched from WDTC to CRO and was credited for my first deposit, and had to make a new deposit. Sounds like things may be changing. ~:D~

Originally posted by SuzyQue
That's the best thing to do. And please let us know what they say because this is something new if they are handling it that way now. For our last 2 trips I switched from WDTC to CRO and was credited for my first deposit, and had to make a new deposit. Sounds like things may be changing. ~:D~

I just called back and I was told the deposit can and will be transferred because I paid by check and if I used a credit card they would not be able to transfer the deposit but would have credited my card. The CM placed me on hold to double check this information with a supervisor.

Have a good day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter