Transparency behind paywall only

GingerBeacon

Earning My Ears
Reading on the other place (not sure if I can say where), that Craig, Ryno and Erica addressed lots of the stuff with Pete today on a Patreon live stream.

I can’t be the only person here that would like to hear what they have to say but can’t bring myself to pay for Patreon at the moment in case Pete still profits.

Surely the transparent thing to do would be to realise this to all?

We did not address lots of stuff with our former employer. We were asked if we were going to talk about the "controversy." I replied that the company released the statement they were making for now and we were given room to make personal statements. Ryno has already made a couple and might still have more to say. I said that I am not ready because I am still unpacking a lot of what happened. I am trying to regain repressed memories that occurred over ten years of verbal, mental, and emotional abuse in a toxic work environment as well as deal with what role I played in it all by being manipulated. That is basically what was said and when I'm ready to say what I have to say it will be public - not behind a paywall, but I'm not there yet.

We did not address lots of stuff with our former employer. We were asked if we were going to talk about the "controversy." I replied that the company released the statement they were making for now and we were given room to make personal statements. Ryno has already made a couple and might still have more to say. I said that I am not ready because I am still unpacking a lot of what happened. I am trying to regain repressed memories that occurred over ten years of verbal, mental, and emotional abuse in a toxic work environment as well as deal with what role I played in it all by being manipulated. That is basically what was said and when I'm ready to say what I have to say it will be public - not behind a paywall, but I'm not there yet.
Many apologies. I was repeating what I had read elsewhere, it seems foolishly. I do hope that you do not take offence.

Please also don’t think that I was in any way trying to minimise what any one, including yourself, has been through with your previous employer.

I do hope y'all will do the Tuesday show again soon, even if you have to do it via Zoom or whatever until you can get a studio figured out

Honestly, I feel like people should be allowed to decide how and where they want to tell their story.

Nobody has any automatic right to know about other peoples lived experiences.

I believe it was mentioned in the Patreon that personal statements are being worked on, in the time being the guys felt able to share some aspects of their experiences when asked about it in what likely feels a more intimate setting which I can totally understand.

@Teleclashter , you don't owe anyone (other than yourself) anything. The mentality around here that we as users or customers are owed anything by anyone is pretty egregious. People, like anywhere, can speak with their wallets and time.

We can want to know, but we're not "owed" knowing, and if we don't like that we can move on to other boards and travel agents.

Honestly, I feel like people should be allowed to decide how and where they want to tell their story.

Nobody has any automatic right to know about other peoples lived experiences.

I believe it was mentioned in the Patreon that personal statements are being worked on, in the time being the guys felt able to share some aspects of their experiences when asked about it in what likely feels a more intimate setting which I can totally understand.
1000000000% agree with this. Some people in these forums seem to forget in their demands for "transparency" and "accountability" that the whole DIS team are PEOPLE with the same rights to privacy that all of us have. None of us owe our personal stories to the wider world - least of all the most hurtful parts of our stories. Neither does anyone on the DIS team.

I have to admit that shortly after things came out, I was contemplating whether to keep supporting DU (cruises) and the dis (Patreon) as I have in the past.

As far as the content that has come out recently, there definitely looks and sounds like a weight has been lifted off the everyone. The change in energy, smiles and overall happiness is noticeable. I am really enjoying the new content both on Patreon and YouTube

I appreciate what individuals have said so far and respect those still processing everything. I can’t even imagine what they all are going through. Ideally, I’d like to hear more from the company but understand why that can’t happen yet, if ever.

So for now I think of it as my Patreon support is going directly to the team and the cruise commission is to my TA. Maybe it is naive to ignore the company role, but I’ll hold my final opinion for a bit longer.

Glad you are taking the time you need to process your experience and address it in your own way in your own time. I enjoy your perspective on the podcast and social media very much and look forward to seeing what the future holds :grouphug:

The silence of the company speaks volumes......... also fosters false rumors and speculation that make a horrible situation that much worse.
Besides am HR department....... they could use a PR department.
Healing thoughts to all the victims of Wete Perner.

I think that's all that needs to be said at the very moment. It took the others years to feel comfortable to tell their stories. We need to give grace, and that time is needed for others too. Listeners just want to be sure we are supporting the ones who need to be supported...not the ones that created this situation.

I miss the Tuesday show but love the content that has been released recently. I look forward to following more Disney talk when everyone is ready to move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter