• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transplant

Uncle Albert

"I love to laugh"
Does anyone know anything about roller coasters and kidney transplantation? I asked my doctor and she wasn’t sure. And I haven’t found much online. I’m 52 and in good enough shape. I don’t know.

I would be a bit concerned about any medications that negatively impacted immunity response, given current crowds. Please check with your medical team.

Did you ask your primary care? Or your nephrologist/transplant team?

I would think there’s a lot of variables here— for ex: how long since your transplant, any complications, or other factors that might not be obvious to most people— that are best discussed with your nephrologist or your transplant team.

Your primary care may not know enough about transplant specifics to give you an answer. If your nephrologist or transplant team isnt sure about roller coasters, in particular, maybe guide the discussion by asking if they’d have any concerns with the various forces exerted by the quick directional changes, speed factors, shearing forces, etc. That should help them to determine if there could be any contraindications.

You are smart to wonder… clearly you appreciate the miraculous gift you received, and do not want to take it for granted.
Good luck.

Thanks. You all have given me great ideas. I’ll be there in January. Hopefully not as crowded and the sun with a hat and long sleeves will help. I have been blessed by this miraculous gift. No one knows more how valuable it is.

Have a great time! I'm still on dialysis but had a wonderful trip in September. Can't wait to travel light again.......lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter