Transport from LAX to DH - 6 people

krahema

Earning My Ears
Sorry this is long, but I have a number of questions!

I'm looking for our best transportation option from LAX to the DH. Our party will include six people (4 adults and 2 infants, both in rear-facing car seats). I wasn't sure if the typical shuttles can accomodate car seats, or if maybe there are only certain shuttles that can. Also, would it cost more to get round-trip shuttle tickets versus renting a van? We are considering renting a van, as this would allow us to take a trip to the grocery store to pick up essentials for the infants (instead of packing all of it or going through a delivery service). Of course then if we rent a minivan, I'm not sure we would have enough space for everyone's luggage and gear.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts on the topic! Thank you!

Last December we used Goldenwest Express. www.goldenwestexpress.com They charged us $75 each way for 6 ppl from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel. They picked us up in a minivan and did a free grocery stop for us. They emailed me a quote and confirmation. They were right on time both ways and the driver was so nice. I would use them again in a minute. Also, he was a very safe driver unlike some cabbies we have had in the past! In my travelling experience I have never been able to get a minivan for a good price, so the $150 plus tip was much cheaper and we didn't have to navigate the LA freeways. Hope this helps and good luck!

Amy&Dan -

Thank you for the info on Goldenwest. They were very prompt in getting me a quote. One question however - did you arrange for the grocery stop when you made the reservation? I asked them if we could include a grocery stop and they told me they only do non-stop transfers. Could you let me know what your experience was?

Thank you!

Krahema: I made the request when I made the reservation but the driver didn't act like he knew about it but he did it no problem. This was kind of late at night so maybe that's why they did it. We stopped at an Albertsons on Katella. Tell them you won't book if they won't do it and see if that helps! Also, make sure you print your quote out so that you can show them that yes, you did discuss this when you made the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter