Transport to and from Beach Club and Orlando Airport for 10 people?

inky dinky doo

<font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the
We're planning a big family trip for Dec. 31, 2021 through the first week of January, 2022 and were counting on Magical Express to get all 10 of us--and our luggage--from the Orlando airport to our resort and back, at the end of our trip.

Now what???

What is our best option, for transportation, now that Magical Express will no longer be available?

Mears Transportation (ironically the same company that runs Magical Express) has already announced they will still be offering shuttles service to the resorts. I am sure there will be a cost associated with it, but all 10 could ride same shut tle.

Know that this how guests always went to resorts, rope to the Magical Express. I used Mears Transportation in the 70s. Then their "fee" was $6 per person.

I would imagine that there would not be a gap between DME ending and the new high speed train that goes from MCO to DS so I assume that's what you'll be taking.
I could be wrong though.
Either way you have some time to iron out the details.

We have used Orlando Sedan Express and it has nice staff and they picked us up form luggage claim so that was nice - helped get luggage to their car, provided water, etc... would recommend them (not affiliated with them at all - jut personal experience)

I went to the Mears' website before posting my question, and saw a note that said their last shuttle service from the Orlando Airport to the resorts would be Dec. 31 2020. That really surprised me, because I had used them several times, before there was a Magical Express. Likewise, I've used Tiffany before, but with 10 people plus luggage, it will cost around $400 round trip to use them.

We're planning a big family trip for Dec. 31, 2021 through the first week of January, 2022 and were counting on Magical Express to get all 10 of us--and our luggage--from the Orlando airport to our resort and back, at the end of our trip.

Now what???

What is our best option, for transportation, now that Magical Express will no longer be available?
Still use magic express Dec 31 to save money and then on the way back Mears is still offering the magical express at a cost just not sure what it will be. Even if you have it free only 1 way it's better than nothing.

I would imagine that there would not be a gap between DME ending and the new high speed train that goes from MCO to DS so I assume that's what you'll be taking.
I could be wrong though.
Either way you have some time to iron out the details.
There will definitely be a gap. They haven't even started building the tracks between MCO & DS. I think I heard 2023 at the earliest for that opening.

I second Tony Hinds transportation.
aobh607@gmail.com

You can use him for one way or RT. He uses 12 (or is it 15?) passenger vans.

There will definitely be a gap. They haven't even started building the tracks between MCO & DS. I think I heard 2023 at the earliest for that opening.

Oh dang that is terrible. I had anticipated DME ending since we learned about the train back in November but didn't realize they would not be smoothly transitioning from one to the other.

I second Tony Hinds transportation.
aobh607@gmail.com

You can use him for one way or RT. He uses 12 (or is it 15?) passenger vans.
Do you happen to know the cost per person? We have 8 ppl and while we don't have a trip planned yet for after ME ends I was trying to get an idea.

Do you happen to know the cost per person? We have 8 ppl and while we don't have a trip planned yet for after ME ends I was trying to get an idea.
Sorry, the last time we used him was in 2015. The cost for that (6 people, WDW to Port Canaveral, then Port Canaveral to Daytona Airport) was $370. It was going to be $280 to go back to MCO instead of Daytona. He said at the time the cost was for up to 8 people. If you want to budget, I'd guess $350-400 to include tip. I'd suggest emailing him and just let him know you're just looking for budget numbers.

He was great!

Budget has vans that hold 12 people if your bold. I'm not sure about driving something that big.

Budget has vans that hold 12 people if your bold. I'm not sure about driving something that big.

My experience has always been that the 12-15 passenger vans are priced ridiculous. About the cost of 2 mini-vans. I assume the pricing reflects that they are usually rented commercially. That said, we have done that. Rented at MCO, got groceries, dropped off family, then dropped off at DIsney Springs, and bused to resort. Then did the reverse on the last day.

For Beach Club, you have the option of dropping off at the Dolphin, if you use Alamo. Though I've never seen at van offered at alamo (MCO). However, we have done many mini-vans through Alamo. I like them since you can skip the line at MCO, and they have 3 drop-off locations in Disneyworld (Carcare, Dolphin, Disney Springs)

A DVC member emailed about DME ending and received a response that gave me the strong impression that guests who arrive in 2021 will have access to DME round trip. If that’s so, your arrival on 12/31/21 would give you DME transport back to MCO at the end of your stay. If I can find that post, I’ll copy it and come back and paste it here.

ETA — it’s actually in the Disney Parks Blog announcement:
In light of this shift, when Disney Resort hotel bookings open for stays in 2022, we will no longer offer Disney’s Magical Express service for airport transportation, starting with arrivals Jan. 1, 2022. We will continue to operate the service for new and existing reservations made at Disney Resort hotels for arrivals throughout 2021.

So you should be able to take DME both ways.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter