Transportation before and After Galactic Starcruiser

PolyNeverGirl

Earned 2 ears
I know no one has been out there yet but just curious how you all plan the transportation part of the journey. We will stay on campus near Epcot before boarding and then go to Magic Kingdom area afterwards. We will have huge luggage because of the multiple costumes we are hauling. Will they have like a dedicated bus to the Starcruiser? Will they transfer our luggage?

Wow…that’s a problem most of us won’t have to worry about.
But great question.
But hey I’ll help get the conversation going.
I think Disney would have addressed this with the initial booking package . So obviously not included You’re on your own .
Disney could have easily re- wrapped all those Minnie Vans currently sitting on property.
Really makes you wonder , what it will look like as all types of “drop-offs” occur in front of this exclusively themed experience.
Disney has redesigned the road traffic to&from HS,etc. They have “ built and landscaped” an entire hill along WorldDrive to hide this from traffic.
I expect that roadway in front of resort will be an experience hidden by a tunnel of trees and concrete design .
I am glad you asked. I have taken the time to walk thru the new entrance to Galaxy’s Edge from the HS side when it was newly opened.
You do enter thru a tunnel themed (concrete) experience and the landscaping does appear to be very perfectly themed. They have created a very unique landscaping . I think this will be matched at the entrance to the resort for your out of this world experience. Color me mossy green with envy . Please post your trip report. Including how you are preparing the costumes and the mindset . That’s a whole new level of trip planning to be excited for! Aren’t you excited to the edge of the Galaxy excitement?!?

You mentioned you are staying on campus… does this mean nearby off property? When it gets closer to time , maybe Disney will be contacting guests with the transportion package added on for cost. I know they currently pick up guests in Vans for many different experiences such as purchasing DVC or guests that reserved a private tour..
I would think that would include some of the nearby on property but not Disney Resorts… Maybe Swan and Dolphin. , for example.

Wow…that’s a problem most of us won’t have to worry about.
But great question.
But hey I’ll help get the conversation going.
I think Disney would have addressed this with the initial booking package . So obviously not included You’re on your own .
Disney could have easily re- wrapped all those Minnie Vans currently sitting on property.
Really makes you wonder , what it will look like as all types of “drop-offs” occur in front of this exclusively themed experience.
Disney has redesigned the road traffic to&from HS,etc. They have “ built and landscaped” an entire hill along WorldDrive to hide this from traffic.
I expect that roadway in front of resort will be an experience hidden by a tunnel of trees and concrete design .
I am glad you asked. I have taken the time to walk thru the new entrance to Galaxy’s Edge from the HS side when it was newly opened.
You do enter thru a tunnel themed (concrete) experience and the landscaping does appear to be very perfectly themed. They have created a very unique landscaping . I think this will be matched at the entrance to the resort for your out of this world experience. Color me mossy green with envy . Please post your trip report. Including how you are preparing the costumes and the mindset . That’s a whole new level of trip planning to be excited for! Aren’t you excited to the edge of the Galaxy excitement?!?
We have been excited since the news came out a few years ago. We went back during the construction time and they kept it as such a mystery lol. The kids and I have been saving for it not knowing how much it would cost back then but I know it would be a hefty price to pay given how much they want for a cruise ship trip. But in the end when the price was announced and it was only for 2 nights, not 3, there was still a shock to be absorbed. I didn't have enough DVC points. Should have transferred some before booking but I didn't so I waited until Oct 28 and took me 4 days just to get through the line to book. The whole journey has been crazy. Nothing like any other Disney trips I planned indeed. And when I plan a disney trip, I get down to every little last detail as many of us do. So not having any info on transpiration is frustrating but given this is a huge attraction for Disney and judging by how they handle cruisline trips, I think they will include the luggage transfer service if you are coming or going from one of their own resort property in WDW. We won't go until June so hopefully someone will post trip reports before me but I will for sure post my version.

As for costume, my daughter is really good at making full body suit so we have been doing sketches and concept design to make our own lol. We got time so it is worth while. The goal is to dress up the whole time so everyone needs to carry about 2-3 costume. And we are hauling our droids and lightsabers too. Oh man, I don't want to think about all the luggage hauling! But like you said, it's a whole different level of excitement!!

You mentioned you are staying on campus… does this mean nearby off property? When it gets closer to time , maybe Disney will be contacting guests with the transportion package added on for cost. I know they currently pick up guests in Vans for many different experiences such as purchasing DVC or guests that reserved a private tour..
I would think that would include some of the nearby on property but not Disney Resorts… Maybe Swan and Dolphin. , for example.
We will be staying at Boardwalk (hopefully, still have to wait out till 7months) before then go to Bay Tower after. Yeah I was thinking the same since there are only 100 cabins. And only a portion will be coming or going to a WDW property, I am hoping they will take care of us given a lot of us will be hauling huge amount of droids, lightsabers, costume etc...

We are wondering the same thing. We are going to stay before the trip at Riviera and then fly out the night of disembarkation—so I’m not sure how/what we will do, particularly the last day!

We are wondering the same thing. We are going to stay before the trip at Riviera and then fly out the night of disembarkation—so I’m not sure how/what we will do, particularly the last day!
We are staying at the Contemporary before the Cruiser so we will prob just hang out at the resort, go get lunch at Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Then take shuttle to the cruiser. Since you are staying on campus, the bell will transfer all luggage.
We are going to stay at Boardwalk afterwards, so the Cruiser Bell services will transfer our luggage. We plan on going to Epcot on the last day then walk back to Boardwalk. If you are leaving that evening, I believe the Cruiser Bell can hold your luggage since after all, it’s a themed hotel. Once ppl start going in March, I am sure more details will come out.

Uber or Lyft there and hopefully Mears Connect will pick up after the Halcyon docks again ;)

If you are staying at a WDW resort they will transfer luggage to or from the Galactic Starcruiser. Off property I'd probably use Uber/Lyft. The only dedicated buses are to-from Disney Springs. That's where they will send you to wait if you show up too early to board.

Yes, Mears Connect will pick up there. Not sure that timing works for everyone but it will for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter