Transportation between Disney and Universal resorts any tips?

iaussi

Earning My Ears
I'm a family of 4, 2 little ones ages (*7 and *4) staying at Grand Floridian for 5 days then moving on to Universal for 3 days. Right now I am looking at anything other than rentals because disney resort is 25$ a night and I don't anticipate driving too much when staying in resort. I do think I will drive more at Universal possible venturing out to Orlando local museum / food / etc. Any suggestions on what I can do for cheaper options? Scratching my head on this one. When I arrive at MCO I planned on taking the Mears bus service, but thats only to and from the resorts.
Thanks in advance.

I believe WDW did away with the cost for overnight parking at all their resorts.

so, you can, if you want to rent a car.

but if you don’t want to, using any of the rideshare apps is fine. You will likely need to bring a booster seat for the two kids though, one for each kid

Me again, so, price out a rental, but you'll still need to provide the booster/car seats for your children. See what appeals to you, having a vehicle at your beck & call, or contacting rideshare companies via app. There are lots of rideshare drivers in the WDW area, not sure about USO.

You would likely need an Uber XL or a Lyft XL in order to fit the two kids with booster/car seats + luggage so that is something you would price as well for transportation from WDW to USO, WDW to other areas within Orlando, USO to MCO. If you're staying on USO property, you may also be able to arrange a transfer (at a cost) to MCO too.

I priced out a SUV for the 8 days and it’s not bad at 400$ considering I’ll have freedom to go anywhere. Thanks for all the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter