Transportation for a cruise from Miami

Gzub1003

Mouseketeer
I am looking at a cruise from Miami in September. There will be 7 of us 5 adults and 2 children (8 and 3). We will be flying out a day early and spending a night at a hotel in Miami. Looking for what other people have done as far as transportation from the airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise port? My concern with using Uber/Lyft is not having a seat for my younger child to sit in. And thought would be great. Thanks.

Many of the hotels near the airport will have free shuttle service between the airport and the hotel.

Getting from the hotel to the ship would be a different story though. Sorry, but I don't have any experience in that area.

I am looking at a cruise from Miami in September. There will be 7 of us 5 adults and 2 children (8 and 3). We will be flying out a day early and spending a night at a hotel in Miami. Looking for what other people have done as far as transportation from the airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise port? My concern with using Uber/Lyft is not having a seat for my younger child to sit in. And thought would be great. Thanks.
We are doing a HOTHS cruise this upcoming October. I opted for the Disney transportation because we will have three adults and three children (14, 11, 3) and my daughter doesn’t want to bring a car seat either. I have read that most people either get transport from a hotel that partners with Disney, or just shuttles back to the airport to get the Disney transportation from there. Others forgo the Disney transportation and just use the hotel shuttle to get to the port.

I'm cruising out of Miami for the first time this December to make up for our June cruise out of Port Canaveral (my asymptomatic daughter and son tested positive for Covid at the port).

I did research and there is a Comfort Inn Miami Airport that has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and will shuttle you to the port the next day for free. They will pick you up at the port and return you to the hotel for $10 per adult and you can take their free shuttle back to the airport.

There will be six of us cruising, including my two grandsons (9 and 4). I didn't even think about taking the car seat for the 4 year old, but Walmart sells a portable foldable car seat for 4 years and up.

The Comfort Inn is only four years old, and looks pretty nice.

We are doing a HOTHS cruise this upcoming October. I opted for the Disney transportation because we will have three adults and three children (14, 11, 3) and my daughter doesn’t want to bring a car seat either. I have read that most people either get transport from a hotel that partners with Disney, or just shuttles back to the airport to get the Disney transportation from there. Others forgo the Disney transportation and just use the hotel shuttle to get to the port.
Are you staying at a hotel the night before? If so do you mind asking what disney charged for the transportation? Haven’t booked yet trying to figure out all the pricing first. Any help would be great.

Are you staying at a hotel the night before? If so do you mind asking what disney charged for the transportation? Haven’t booked yet trying to figure out all the pricing first. Any help would be great.
Undecided on the hotel piece right now - keeping an eye on flight prices and timing of flights before making a concrete decision.

Cost for Disney transportation is $42.00 per person total. $21/pp there and $21/pp back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter