Transportation for large family?

hgsmom

Earning My Ears
My family 5 adults 3 children ages 5, 6 and 2 (in car seat) need to rent a car for our trip to WDW in October. We are staying offsite in the inlaws' timeshare. We think that we could possibly(?) save money on parking, gas etc. by renting only one vehicle. I have looked on the websites of the major rental companies and the largest they list are minivans which seat 7. I know a suburban or even some minivans will seat 8, but does anyone have any experience with this? Do the companies offer these and are the prices outrageous? Thanks a bunch for and suggestions!
Karla

We rented two 8 seater minivans from Dollar on our last trip in Oct 1999, and were upgraded to two 15 seaters, we wished afterwards that we had saved money and just booked one 15 seater in the first place, oh well you live and learn.

We reserved a mini-van, and when we got there decided to switch to a 15-passenger. It didn't cost much more, as I recall. It was through Budget, I think.

We opted to use Tiffany Town Car on our last trip last week...it worked out great. They picked us up in a large van...not sure how many seats, but it was large enough for 3 adults, 2 kids and a bunch of luggage and we had more space leftover.

Best of all, they gave me the van for the price of the town car...and I had a coupon. So it cost $85 round trip plus tips for the driver. The driver met us at the baggage claim, carried our bags, loaded and unloaded, stopped at the grocery store for us and it was the most pleasant trip we've had (waiting in line for a rental car can be a nightmare!)

We're getting a 15 passenger van from Budget. You might also try some of the "off" brands of car rentals places - we've used Orlando Car Rental with great success. I've posted a link to their website.http://www.orlandocarrental.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter