transportation from airport to hotels

juliab

Earning My Ears
If I purchase this transportation, is it handicapped accessable?-
does it have a lift for me and my scooter? I cannot climb the stairs.
also, do you have to wait until the bus is full before heading to the Canaveral hotels?
Thanks.
Juliab

I'm not sure what transportation you are talking about. Could you give more details?

If you are taking DME yes it can accomadate you and your scooter. I used DME in may and when you book it tell them you have a scooter and you need an accessable bus. Not all the busses have lifts. They will load you first then your family. They work the lift with a remote.

Should have said that we are booked on a Disney cruise in December, but we are flying in the day before and will stay in a motel. What does DME mean? Guess you can tell I am new to the board.
Juliab

To my knowledge DCL doesn't provide transport from the airport to hotels at Port Canaveral, just directly to the ship if you arrive the day you sail.

I'm pretty sure Mears has an accessible van and they will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go, but it's not going to be inexpensive. Then you'll have to get from the hotel to the pier, and I'm not aure any of the shuttle services in the area of the port offer this type of service.

My suggestion is to book a room at the Hyatt at the airport for your arrival date, then book DCL transfers from the airport to the port. DCL does have lift equipped buses.

Anne

You could try Dan's Wheelchair Transporation. It will not be cheap. 407-467-9032
With any of them I would call directly and not email as they do not answer their email. I did contact this man but was not impressed because he never called back to confirm.
Another option would be to not bring your ECV and have a rental delievered to the ship. Contact Brevard Medical ( I beleive that is the supplier in the area.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter