Transportation from OKW to Espn WWOS

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know anything about transportation to the Wide World of Sports Complex?

I have been trying to research this but get different answers and they are kind of old.

I will be staying at OKW with my sons for a week for an AAU basketball tournament there.

Some answers indicate buses at DHS.....some say from All Star Sports or Pop?

Thanks...:confused3

From the ESPN WWoS website:
All guests are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and other event competition venues unless special transportation has been arranged specifically for your event.

Bus transportation to ESPN Wide World of Sports is available from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort on a limited schedule:

Thursday - Monday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

These buses will also run when events are taking place at the sports complex based on the following schedule:

One (1) hour prior to sports complex opening until 11:00 p.m. or sports complex close, whichever is later.

During the scheduled operating hours, buses from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort to ESPN Wide World of Sports will arrive at the sports complex on the hour and ½ hour.

Due to capacities and schedules, these buses may not be able to accommodate teams and equipment. To ensure your team's on-time arrival for competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports, please use event transportation if it is included with your event, or make arrangements for your own transportation to the sports complex.
https://www.espnwwos.com/complex/services/guest-info/

Does anyone know anything about transportation to the Wide World of Sports Complex?

I have been trying to research this but get different answers and they are kind of old.

I will be staying at OKW with my sons for a week for an AAU basketball tournament there.

Some answers indicate buses at DHS.....some say from All Star Sports or Pop?

Thanks...:confused3

Given that you're staying at OKW, I would take the bus to DTD and then get on the bus to the POP Century Resort. If you happen to be at a theme park, just get on that bus coming back. The POP Century ESPN bus also goes to Carribean Beach. The All Stars is the furtherest out, so don't go there( this was the advice a WDW bus driver gave me when I took the bus to Spring Training last year.

You will need to be patient when riding the ESPN bus. If it hasn't changed, it leaves from stop 1 at POP and then goes next door to Carribean Beach, but only stops at the main building. ESPN is right by POP, so the ride won't be bad, but the traffic leaving is horrible. Unfortunately, there is no separate bus lane so the buses have to get in the same line as the cars leaving ESPN in order to exit. There are less POP buses than All Stars and there is no formal line to board the buses.

All in all, I enjoyed being able to take the bus, but you need to count on about two hours to get to and from to be on the safe side. As I said, I did Atlanta Braves Spring Training and there were people on our bus doing the cheerleading competition. Not sure if your event will be the same, but I want you to be prepared. I stayed at BLT when I did it. Going, I took the POP bus from MK to POP and then got on the ESPN bus there. Coming back, I took the bus from ESPN to POP and then the bus to Mk. I then walked back to BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter