Transportation from VWL?

jpolak

DIS Veteran
We are considering staying at VWL for our next trip in late August. We visited the WL for dinner during our last trip. We loved it! After dinner we figured we would just take the boat over to mk. After waiting 20 min. on a very long line with no boat in sight we decided to just hop in the rental car and drive over. Is this the norm? Or did I just hit it at a bad time? I would imagine that in the morning it would be very crowded. One of the things we loved about BCV was taking the boat over to mgm. There seemed to be one every few min. and they were never full.

You just hit it at a bad time. The boat from WL to MK is usually very easy to take. It comes every twenty minutes, although sometimes it's a little off schedule. You can also take the boat to the Contemporary and walk from there. I hate to walk, but even I found it was not too bad. Of course, I always have a rental car, too, for the other parks (I don't like the buses) so that is an option if you can't handle the boat wait. I find that the aggravation of having to park at the TTC and transfer by ferry or monorail is offset by the (possible) aggravation of missing a boat and having to wait for the next one.

BTW, there are lots of little tiny fishes near the shore if you want something to watch while you're waiting!!!!

The boat is one of the reasons we love VWL. It is much more relaxing than a bus or car. Their schedule is similar to the busses approx every 20 min so you probably just caught them at a bad time.

I'd pick waiting for that boat anyday over having to drive to TTC and then transfer from there.

Is the bus still going from WL to MK? I've never done that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter