Transportation from WDW to Seaworld

wisbucky

3 Years until we our Floridians permanently!!
Can anyone add to this list of possible ways to get to Seaworld from WDW when you dont have a rental car.

Town car Approx $50.00
Transit bus from TTC approx. $1.00 each way
Mears $13.00 per person
Taxi approx. $50.00 per one way

Is that really what Mears charges?? Do they give you a different rate for kids? or is it the same price per head?? Can anybody tell me how far in advance you have to call them to come and pick you up to take you to SW? And also, will they come straight to POR and pick us up and drop us back off there again??

Thanks.

One year ago, we took a taxi from SW to our resort (Beach Club) and it cost $20 (but we did a little negotiating! :) ) We also took a taxi from our resort and back to Discovery Cove (across the street from SW) and it cost about $23 each way. There were three of us.

The transit bus (Lynx) worked quite well and was cheap!

The one problem with a town car, although a great way to travel, is that you have to schedule them in advance, and we didn't know what time we were going to leave SW or DC.

That taxi price is what we were quoted when we called.

I do believe that Mears will charge the same per child. Mears does pick you up at your resort. And the last I knew you could call a day before; however, if they were filled you would have to shedule another date. We took mears once. Used a town car a few times, but never used Lynx. I know Lnyx is a cheap way to go but I just dont care to have to make my way by bus to MK and then the monorial to get to the TTC. And obviously the same on the way back.

We are a family of 5 so I'm guessing that Mears is the more logical option for us. Not too sure if the 5 of us would all fit in one cab.

FYI... Lynx bus is now $1.50 each way (and children under 6 are free when accompanied by a paying adult).

We are going in Nov 2007. How & when do we make reservations for the Luau Dinner Show? :confused3

We did the Lynx but from TTC last week - easy as pie - met a great guy who works at SW who ended up on both legs of our ride. He is a budding cartoon artist and did a picture for DS12 in exchange for taffy. Great memory we wouldn't have got any other way.

edinburghlass said:
Another suggestion is take the Disney bus to DTD and then a taxi to SW, its a bit cheaper :)

Any idea of the taxi cost from DTD then?

Is there a link for the Lynx bus schedule? How often do they run? I want to book a ressie for breakfast at one of the resorts for the morning that we are going to sea world and bus schedule will sort of determine my times.
TIA

vamom said:
We are going in Nov 2007. How & when do we make reservations for the Luau Dinner Show? :confused3

Looks like you use the website or the phone number. I'm looking into doing the same thing. With my luck they will be sold out for the nights we want to go.

I suspect getting back by bus after the luau may be tricky. They may consider the park closed at that hour.

if you are staying on disney property you could do what we did just last week. We called the car care center at the magic kingdom, and they send a shuttle to your hotel to pick you up, then bring you to the car care center where you can rent a car, if you have any discounts aaa, sam's club or entertainemnt card or coupon you can get a discount. We used triple a and got the car for like $55, we brought our tom tom which is a navigation system or gps. It was great because we were not restricted to any schedules and there are many places to eat along the way as well as discount stores that sell disney merchandise at a third of the price. We really liked wallmart, and ate dinner at ruby tuesdays. :thumbsup2

We went to SW on Oct 7 leaving from Port Orleans. The three of us caught a cab and it cost us about $22 there but on the way home, a different cab driver really "took us for a ride" and drove past the turn off for WDW and we kept telling him that he passed it but he kept indicating that he did not understand English. He finally did a Uturn around by the entrance to AK and then dropped us off. The meter was about $35 and I paid this, not a penny more in tip, and really told him what I thought. Rule of thumb: (which I did not follow, and I knew better) always get the approx price before you get into the cab. We did have a really great day at SW though. :)

We did the Lynx bus too in early October. Cost $1.50 for each and they run every half hour on the nines, I think, so we just missed the bus when we were leaving Sea World because of my bum knee! Waited about 10 minutes, had 20 more to go when a cab driver came along to the bus stop and said he'd take us back for $2.00 a person. Almost turned him down, but decided to go for it because I was tired of standing! Worked out well for us, all in all.

I'm considering surprising my DDs with a trip to SeaWorld, when we visit WDW this March. We will be flying in, with no car at WDW. SO, let me get this straight....We can go to the TTC and catch a LYNX BUS. It will carry us to SW,and then we can catch a bus from there when we leave and it will carry us back to the TTC ??? :confused3 Is this correct? Because if it is, that is GREAT ! (I had been wondering how we would get there.)

MHTeacher said:
I'm considering suprising my DDs with a trip to SeaWorld, when we visit WDW this March. We will be flying in, with no car at WDW. SO, let me get this straight....We can go to the TTC and catch a LYNX BUS. It will carry us to SW,and then we can catch a bus from there when we leave and it will carry us back to the TTC ??? :confused3 Is this correct? Because if it is, that is GREAT ! (I had been wondering how we would get there.)

Exactly! You can find out more about LYNX by going to their website: www.golynx.com

Perfect! We have a day set aside for me and the girls to do MK and the princesses and DH and DS to go back to Seaworld (since DS is a marine life freak!). That means they can come to the TTC with us in the morning (we'll have a rental car) and catch the bus from there, then we can be in touch later to see whether we're leaving first and can pick them up, or if they'll bus it back to the TT. I didn't want to have to drop them at Seaworld first because we're hoping to get an early breakfast reservation in the Castle.

:Pinkbounc

On Oct 1st, my family of 5 took a taxi from POR to Sea World for $22 there and $21 return. My family is 2 adults, 13, 8 and 3 year old. I sat in the back with the 3 kids. For the 10 minute drive, we were just fine. Much cheaper than other options and more convenient than Lynx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter