Transportation loop plan?

Kariyaffa

Mouseketeer
We were lucky enough to win a free 3 day cruise on the Wish. It includes a night at a resort (don’t know which yet) before our cruise. If our flights run on time we will have half a day to spend there.

My kids love transportation so I was thinking we’d ride the ferry, monorail, and skyliner. Has anyone done a loop like this before or is aware of a map that describes a plan like this?

I tried googling but everything I find is about how to ride the skyliner all the way around or a monorail all the way around, not how to combine them into one trip.

We were lucky enough to win a free 3 day cruise on the Wish. It includes a night at a resort (don’t know which yet) before our cruise. If our flights run on time we will have half a day to spend there.

My kids love transportation so I was thinking we’d ride the ferry, monorail, and skyliner. Has anyone done a loop like this before or is aware of a map that describes a plan like this?

I tried googling but everything I find is about how to ride the skyliner all the way around or a monorail all the way around, not how to combine them into one trip.
We love days like this! It’s been made harder recently without all the boats running between the monorail loop resorts. You usually need to incorporate a bus between monorail resorts and Skyliner resorts unless you have a park hopper ticket and want to walk through Epcot.

We like to start at Wilderness, boat to MK, walk to Contemporary, monorail to Poly and GF. We then usually Uber over to AoA (but you could go back to the MK buses if you wanted to stick with Disney transport). From AoA we will take the Skyliner around to Caribbean, Riviera, and then the Epcot resorts!

We love days like this! It’s been made harder recently without all the boats running between the monorail loop resorts. You usually need to incorporate a bus between monorail resorts and Skyliner resorts unless you have a park hopper ticket and want to walk through Epcot.

We like to start at Wilderness, boat to MK, walk to Contemporary, monorail to Poly and GF. We then usually Uber over to AoA (but you could go back to the MK buses if you wanted to stick with Disney transport). From AoA we will take the Skyliner around to Caribbean, Riviera, and then the Epcot resorts!
Perfect! Thanks so much.

I love to start at the Transportation Center. Take the Ferry to MK > the Monorail to Epcot > catch a bus to Pop Century > Skyliner to Epcot > Friendship boat to Hollywood Studios > Bus to Fort Wilderness > Boat to MK > and the Ferry back to the Transportation Center.

Once you know which resort you'll be staying at your starting point will change.

@Kariyaffa , don’t forget to include Pop and AoA on your Skyliner tour. AoA in particular is fun to explore - I especially like the Cars section. And from the DHS Skyliner station, walk over to the Friendship boat dock and ride that boat to Epcot, then Skyliner back to CBR. And be sure to ride the monorail from the TTC to Epcot, to get that tour of Epcot from the sky.

BTW at one time there were buses running from AoA to the front of Epcot about once an hour. I’m not sure whether they still run or not, but if the do, that would be a way to connect between the monorail at the front of Epcot to the Skyliner station at Pop/AoA.

There was a link posted on here maybe 2 yrs ago that showed the various transportation options available around the Disney property and where each one went/stopped/etc. It was an interactive map that let you choose where you were and where you wanted to go and the various choices. I didn't save it but you might be able to find it by doing a search of older threads in the Transportation section. As I recall, it was not something published by Disney, but I don't recall exactly who created it.

4K WDW youtube just posted something where they rode a boat from, I think, Poly to Magic Kingdom, then to Grand Floridian and then back to Poly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter