Transportation MCO to Royal Pacific

tlady

Mouseketeer
2 adults. Private shuttles are way too pricey now. What is best- lyft or taxi from airport? Which is cheaper? I'm thinking g taxi. Are they readily available at MCO without a long wait?

I was sure I replied to this post already, then I realized you posted the same question in 2 forums, and I'm too lazy to go find my response to copy & paste.

not to hijack this thread but I was wondering where the ride share pickup is at MCO. We always do TTC fur Disney but decided to try Uber for USO since we won’t have as much luggage

not to hijack this thread but I was wondering where the ride share pickup is at MCO. We always do TTC fur Disney but decided to try Uber for USO since we won’t have as much luggage
I don’t remember exactly but there are signs after baggage claim telling you which outside stops are for ride shares. Can’t miss it.

Uber is like 42 dollars depending on various factors...time of day, is there a flash sale etc.
The trip itself was 26. There is a toll of 2.11, a booking fee of 8.27, Airport fee of 7

It was about 20 to get back.

Although I have my issues with Uber, I always go with it.

At terminal C it is right out the door so impossible to miss and very easy.

In A & B there will be sign that directs you to it.

Its about the only thing I like about terminal C .

Outside terminal C there are a bunch of numbers above correlating to your baggage claim #. When I hailed an Uber last month I was told to stand outside 28 and our uber pulled up 2 minutes later. Very convenient.

Uber and Lyft are the best option. Cheaper than taxis and at most a 10 minute wait.
Last Monday I had a wait for ueber of over 20 minutes, and still couldn't get a ride. Someone would pick up the ride and immediately cancel, this happened over 3 times. I don't have the Lyft app installed so couldn't compare that. Ended up having to go downstairs to the taxi line. So yes, probably usually a short wait, but definitely not at most a 10 minute wait, and could possibly leave you stranded.

Last Monday I had a wait for ueber of over 20 minutes, and still couldn't get a ride. Someone would pick up the ride and immediately cancel, this happened over 3 times. I don't have the Lyft app installed so couldn't compare that. Ended up having to go downstairs to the taxi line. So yes, probably usually a short wait, but definitely not at most a 10 minute wait, and could possibly leave you stranded.
That is bizarre at MCO. I've used it about a dozen times, even at 5 am, and it's always been a short wait. That's the first case I've heard of it being a problem there.

That is bizarre at MCO. I've used it about a dozen times, even at 5 am, and it's always been a short wait. That's the first case I've heard of it being a problem there.
I must have had extremely bad luck then. I went with über feeling confident because of posts here saying it’s very easy and not a long wait, and didn’t have a backup plan because of that, then this happened. Even if it is an anomaly, it did happen and is good for people to know it is a possibility. It really stank, especially as I was already delayed over 24 hours due to a cancelled flight. I was supposed to be in Orlando at 3:30 pm Sunday, landed instead at 6:30pm Monday, then stuck trying to get an Ueber that had people keep cancelling on me repeatedly for over 20 minutes, finally having to pay 80 dollars for a taxi that wasn’t budgeted for. A complete nightmare altogether.

I use Lyft and they are pretty quick. Someone took my Lyft in January and I had to text/call the person where I was and he looped and dropped off the people who took my Lyft and picked me up. It was super weird. I don’t know why he wouldn’t have confirmed who he was picking up unless we had the same first name…I also think people should check the license plate before getting into the Lyft for their own safety. Everything was fine after that. UO isn’t far from MCO.

Reactions: dol
I also think people should check the license plate before getting into the Lyft for their own safety
Agreed - one of the problems with these services in Florida is there is no front License plate - its really annoying, but I still always walk to the back of the car and check

As Uber to and from MCO - Ive never had an issue even at 5AM.

We used Quest With The Best the last time we flew to Orlando. The cost for 4 people and 4 bags was under $50 total - probably similar to a rideshare - but we didn't have to worry about price surges, and were guaranteed a nice, clean van, and a friendly and trustworthy driver with a wealth of local knowledge. Pickup (we happened to be in Terminal C) was right outside the doors by baggage claim, and we had a seamless and enjoyable ride from MCO to our hotel. Payment was due at the time we were picked up, so if they'd had to cancel on us due to some mishap, we always had the option of booking a rideshare if we needed to - no harm, no foul.

Wasn't it crazy, stupid busy at orlando theme parks last week? Suspect very high demand is what got @Keladry84

I've used Uber and Lyft quite a lot over the years but after an unpleasant experience, I've gone back to taxis (speaking as an often solo female traveler). The taxi stand at MCO was very quick to get me on my way, and I was able to very easily reserve a pickup time for my trip back to the airport. It was likely a little more expensive than a rideshare, but it worked very well for me. And, when I travel with multiple people and multiple bags, the taxi vans have so much more space than most Uber/Lyft vehicles.

I've used Uber and Lyft quite a lot over the years but after an unpleasant experience, I've gone back to taxis (speaking as an often solo female traveler). The taxi stand at MCO was very quick to get me on my way, and I was able to very easily reserve a pickup time for my trip back to the airport. It was likely a little more expensive than a rideshare, but it worked very well for me. And, when I travel with multiple people and multiple bags, the taxi vans have so much more space than most Uber/Lyft vehicles.
About how much was your taxi from MCO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter