• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation options to DL

averysmom

DIS Veteran
My daughter is attending a dance convention in Burbank, and we have one day in LA after it ends before we fly out. And of course my little Disney baby wants to go to DL for the day. I google mapped... we are 90 minutes away. I can’t imagine what the Uber would be. Other than renting a car for the day, are there any other reasonable options to get us there? Shuttle? Private car service? Even public transport? Sorry... i’m a wdw girl, we’ve only done DL twice, so I just don’t know what’s out there! Thanks!!

Check mousesavers and look at transportation. A car will probably be easier,but they will have options if you don't want to drive.

The most cost effective option would probably be to rent a car. Public transport involves several transfers and takes several hours. Car service is definitely doable, but expensive. A lot of DISers recommend Lansky for car service.

Uber/Lyft is about $80 from Burbank to Disneyland.... In our case, it was also 2h and 15 min drive, but it was afternoon rush hour heading towards Anaheim.

If you decide to rent a car, don't forget to factor in the $25/day parking fee. Mousesavers.com may have a discount code for a car rental. Will you be needing a booster seat?

The Uber fares aren't that bad, but it depends on the day of the week and time of day - if you leave early in the morning on a weekday, around 5-6 AM, it will be around $50 for a one-way from Burbank to Anaheim. Weekdays won't vary that much in price for the morning, either. Then your cheapest fare getting home will be after the rush hour surge, but before the evening party surge. Definitely cheaper getting home on a weekday between 8-12 than it would be during that time on a weekend.

You can play around on the app and look at prices to get an idea of how much it would be. Also, Uber and Lyft are both running "pass" deals right now which you purchase, but will take a certain percentage off your ride - might be something to look into if you're going to be ridesharing on your trip.

Amtrak has a station in Burbank (at the airport) so you could take that and then Uber/Lyft/ART from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter