• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

transportation tip question

big jack 2002

Mouseketeer
A driver from YourRide is picking us up at the airport, taking us to POFQ, from there to the ship and then back to the airport. I know we pay the driver at the first leg of the journey. Do we give him all of his tip then or do we tip on each section of the trip? What do you suggest for a tip? As you can tell, we are new at this. I have found so much help here. We are going on the 3 day land/4 day sea trip in March. Thank you all!!

I pay the tip each way, because if you don't have the same driver each way, then the first driver misses out on his tip...

I haven't been on a cruise yet, so I'm not sure how much to tip yet. When I had Yourride from MCO to the Polynesian, I tipped $10 each way. So I'm guessing from POFQ to Port Canaveral $10-15, maybe even $20 depending on the service you get.

Hi!
In the Boston area we usually tip 20% for limo/car service. This might be different city to city. BUT....like other things if we do not get good service we will deduct some $ from that! L

Hi big jack 2002 ~

We used 'Yourride' and our group had 'Mike' from MCO/Radisson - then fr Port/MCO. We also had the same question since there are several drivers!? So we asked Mike and he told us he would also be our return driver. We tipped him for both legs upfront and also used their $5. web coupon.

However I must say, upon our return trip, we felt Mike had really taken a lot of weight off our shoulders by being on time, loading all our luggage, friendliness, the light at the end of the tunnel... so we tipped him again upon return! Tipping of course, is up to your discretion, but I have never found an answer, if you go by per person, per luggage, etc. For our grp we did 30% of chg., I can only hope that was enough. May you and yours have as great of service with them!
Relax and enjoy your cruise!! :smooth:

We were told the tip was included. The add 20% to the total. So if we tip our driver, does he receive a 40% tip? That seems a bit much. I understand the need for tipping, I waited tables and bartended in college, so I am NOT cheap. But I think it is unfair that the company adds the gratuity, then the driver expects additional on top of that. And they DO expect it.

If they tell you the tip is included you are all set no additional fees. We use a company in FLL that have the tips included,the one we are using in MCO is not.Just check with you specific vendor and they will let you know if it is or is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter