Transportation to BCV w/ grocery stop?

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
We usually rent a car when we go to Disney but I just checked the rates and for a week it would be almost $300! (Usually we pay about $150-$200)

Since we are staying at the BCV, we want to make a grocery stop so ME is out. (plus I'm still hearing not so good things about it) Should we rent a car for the day and return it at LBV (Budget has a drop off at Doubletree but I'm not sure if they can transport us back to BCV)? Or should we take a town car?

Any recommendations for a town car service that is reliable and honest? I've checked a few and the rates are reasonable, but I want to make sure we don't have another nightmare with a company. (Several yrs ago, we tried this and the driver showed up late, gave us false information etc)

Any recommendations for rental car to pick-up, drop off and pick up again at the end of our vacation? We have 2 young kids, 5yrs and 1yrs, so we need to rent from an on-site airport location (and ultimately return it there too).

Thanks!

Alamo / National has a desk at the Dolphin resort. Several times we've rented a car just for our arrival and departure days, and had good success. If you don't really NEED it both ways, you could rent a car one way and use ME for your return transportation to the airport.

If you tend to do significant shopping on your trip, try to hit one or two of the Disney outlet stores in the area while you have a car. For us that along usually justifies the cost of the car. :)

I got an intermediate car at Nat'l for 4 days for $100. I am going to return it to the Dolphin counter then get back to OKW. This way I have the car for 4 days to do groceries, off-site dinners, etc. if we want, for the same price (less because no tipping) than a town car service.

In the past we used Tiffany's and thought they were great. They stopped at a Publix and did not rush us.

This time we are using ME and wegoshop. Hopefully, it works out well.

Were you checking National? Try the American Express Code (5125601), it's been coming in way lower than the Priceless code. I just tried Oct 1 to 8, I got $183 for an intermediate with the AE code, $20 coupon.

DebbieB said:
Were you checking National? Try the American Express Code (5125601), it's been coming in way lower than the Priceless code. I just tried Oct 1 to 8, I got $183 for an intermediate with the AE code, $20 coupon.

Thanks, I tried that but it was over $300 for an intermediate with that code
:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter