• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Depends on your travel party. Uber/Lyft is the cheapest if all adults, but for 10 people, you will need 4 cars so a party that large may actually be cheaper to get a car service.
We always use Tony Hinds, as previously mentioned a lot in this thread, never had an issue, and most importantly felt safe traveling and secure knowing he will be there at the exact time we requested. We almost always do Disney and Universal on our trips. We usually use DME from airport to Disney then Tony (or Noelle who works with Tony) will take us from Disney to Universal then from Universal to airport. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids, always have needed a car seat, just let him know how many you need and they will be on the van for you when being picked up. I do not think 10 people will fit in one of his vans, but he has multiple drivers so 2 cars may be needed.
Thanks for the help. How much does it cost for 2 adults and 3 children to get to the universal from the airport? We are 4 kids and 6 adults

That all depends on how many cars you will need. I think round trip with Tony it is around $100. If two vehicles/drivers then double that. Uber/Lyft is around 60 to 80 round trip per car.

Tony’s price has gone up as well as other companies
It is more than $100 for a two way transportation trip

Also during the pandemic, car service drivers can not enter the baggage area to met you

If you booked Tony, he will email you with information for your pick up instructions

I had to call him once all 6 of us retrieved our luggage (January 2021) and then met him outside the building.
He is allowed to park his vehicle then and load your luggage in his vehicle.
If you have a very large group, 10 or more, he needs advance notice in order to switch to one of his larger vehicles for your pickup

Art is a delightfully driver that also fills in and works for Tony
I have used him twice before when Tony has been booked up.
I did not have to call Art directly for my ride as Tony did that leg work for me and he will do it for anyone.

Tony’s price has gone up as well as other companies
It is more than $100 for a two way transportation trip

Also during the pandemic, car service drivers can not enter the baggage area to met you

If you booked Tony, he will email you with information for your pick up instructions

I had to call him once all 6 of us retrieved our luggage (January 2021) and then met him outside the building.
He is allowed to park his vehicle then and load your luggage in his vehicle.
If you have a very large group, 10 or more, he needs advance notice in order to switch to one of his larger vehicles for your pickup

Just used Tony last week, and this is all correct. We were $120 round trip for a family of five (plus tip). Our pick-up was exactly as noted here. Called once we had our bags and he pulled up 3 minutes later. As far as payment, he gave us the option of cash in person or cc in advance. We don't often use services such as this (we usually drive or rent a car), but will definitely use Tony when needed in the future.

Haven't been in this part of the boards in a few years. So great to see Tony Hinds is still going strong, we've used him and his driver Ron a few times several years ago and they were fantastic to work with. My first solo trip ever was with Ron and for a woman travelling all the way from Canada by myself and booking with a stranger man was nerve wracking to say the least but I trusted other folks on the boards and the experience was great, I felt so safe and taken care of. Just bought a new UOAP after several years at Disney and I'm so happy to see Tony's still in business.

I messaged Tony for prices for my October trip. I messaged him last week and still haven’t gotten a response. Is there a link to a site for him? I’m only seeing Facebook

I messaged Tony for prices for my October trip. I messaged him last week and still haven’t gotten a response. Is there a link to a site for him? I’m only seeing Facebook

I would definitely check your email/number compared to what Macraven has above. He was always very quick in responding to me. He drove us last week, so I know he's around!

I was in disney the week before Easter and read about Tony here. I decided the day before I didn't want DME. I emailed Tony and he got back to me very quickly. He was able to accommodate me and Art picked me up the next day. Art called me earlier in the day to confirm (I was sitting having a beer in AK). He was punctual and pleasant. I will most likely book him for my August combined trip. I will do rt for the airport and wdw to UO. Maybe I'll email him tonight.

Anybody use Tony to pick up from WDW resort to Universal and then from Universal to MCO?

We didn't use him for this, but he does all kinds of stuff. We were arriving too late for a grocery stop, and he offered to come back the next day to take us. The night he picked us up he shared how he was driving another client some 3 hours to another location because their rental car had fallen through. What you are describing would be a non-issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter