Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Tony's other drivers have a variety of vehicles

I go solo and love the large vehicle !

Don't feel bad about having him use the large vehicle to shuttle you

Many times it is due to him providing a group to port or mco and he is already at the place to pick you up due to dropping off that group

Just booked Tony for our WDW-UOR transfers. He has responded super fast to emails and has quoted our party of 8 a great rate!

Have to say, the more I learn from these sub-forums, the less stressed and more excited I get about this part of the trip!

Has anyone used a limo service from MCO to their hotel? And/ or limo from universal hotel to WDW Hotel?

You will love Tony!
He is a true professional
I use him for all my trips in Orlando
Thank you for this recommendation! We have been looking into getting car service vs renting a car for our trip next year. I will defiantly shoot him an email once we get closer.

After reading all the glowing reviews regarding Tony and his drivers, I think booking with him is the way I want to go. This would be for a 3 leg trip: MCO to US, US to WDW, WDW to MCO. The question I have is with there only being the two of us, do some of Tony's other drivers have smaller vehicles? I feel bad and wasteful to book a 10 passenger van for just the two of us.

Would you come back and report about it? We are wanting to do the exact same stops/trip next year. Renting a car seems like a waste of money.

Would you come back and report about it? We are wanting to do the exact same stops/trip next year. Renting a car seems like a waste of money.
Thought I would let you know wee ended up working w/ our TA and she ended up arranging out transfers for this trip, so we won't be using Tony this time. Will definitely consider him for future trips, though.

Does anyone have specific experience with Lyft? DH doesn't want to use Uber, and I'm wondering about both cost and convenience for getting to USO from the airport, and from USO to WDW.

Or would Tony's be better?

Hi,,Im asking for my daughter . She is going on a short trip to Universal with her boyfriend in December. They aren't old enough to rent a car so they need some type of transportation . They are also on a budget. I found out the Universal shuttle is $35 pp RT. That isn't horrible but I have heard people don't like it. They just want to go to MCO to Cabana . Then Cabana to MCO.

only issue with the star shuttle from mco to cbay is the time involved.
they stop at other hotels along the way.

was reading trip reports a couple nights ago and read one where the peeps stated it was an hour for them once they left mco until they reached Cbay.

if time is not a problem, then the shuttles would be the cheapest way for them

Thanks Mac.. Oh I see...I thought it was just a Universal shuttle. Hmm why doesn't Universal have it's own shuttle? I guess they just need to weigh the cost ... An hour of time vs. $50 extra dollars.

Would Tony be a better option? They don't need a grocery store trip. Only airport to cabana bay and vice versa . They thought about Uber but I have heard some stories about it being expensive there ? Could you break down their options?

Last edited:
only issue with the star shuttle from mco to cbay is the time involved.
they stop at other hotels along the way.

When I used the shuttle, it stopped at one other Universal hotel. I'm not sure if this is always the case.

Hmm why doesn't Universal have it's own shuttle? I guess they just need to weigh the cost ... An hour of time vs. $50 extra dollars.

Would Tony be a better option? They don't need a grocery store trip. Only airport to cabana bay and vice versa . They thought about Uber but I have heard some stories about it being expensive there ? Could you break down their options?

The Superstar shuttle (as booked through Universal) is Universal's version of the Magical Express. It is run by a third-party company as is (I believe) the Magical Express. It just isn't free.

Keep in mind that the regular Uber cars (i.e. the cheap ones) cannot pick up at the Orlando airport. I know people have taken a shuttle to an airport hotel and then have Uber pick them up there. But personally, that's too much work for me on vacation. Uber can drop off passengers at the airport.

One trip report that I read said the shuttle dropped peeps off at the Hilton and UO hotels were the last drop off

I'm sure it varies in each shuttle for the hotels other peeps stay at

I guess you won't know which hotels will have drops until are are in the shuttle
It's ine of the unknowns when using this system of transport

Always the possibility you will be the only ones for the ride

Just as a comparison ..How much about is Tony for rt to cabana bay ... how much is one way from cabana to the airport? Im more concerned with them catching their flight. Just an estimate.

Hi! My family of 4 is traveling to Universal for the first time next week (we're branching out from Disney) and I'm thinking about transportation from the airport to Royal Pacific. You all make a compelling argument for Tony Hinds. :) I was wondering if he's still a better deal (money & time-wise) than just a taxi, if we don't need a grocery stop? Thanks so much!

What are Tony's prices, we are a family of 8 and would want to stop at a grocery store before going to Royal pacific resort. Not exact price is needed but about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter