• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to HS

itsmeamanda

Mouseketeer
Good morning! My youngest son and I are traveling to Orlando in a few weeks, and unfortunately will only have one day in the parks. We have reservations for HS and are considering adding a Park Hopper and going to MK in the afternoon. To make the most of our time, we are planning to RD HS, but are unsure of the best way to get there from off-property. Uber? Lyft? Taxi? Where should we have them drop us off to (hopefully) avoid waiting behind the cars who are waiting to park.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I've read that walking is the best way to get ahead of the crowds. Have an Uber/Lyft drop you nearby and walk. I think I read there is a gas station that people are walking from? Maybe someone else can give you the name/location. There's BW, BC, Swan/Dolphin too, but I'm not sure you can get dropped off there without a dining reservation.

The Speedway at 300 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 has a direct walking path to HS without breaking any resort policies. They are holding back car traffic until the time they open the gates for guests who arrived via other methods, so car is definitely not the best method for a rope drop.

Some others have used Dolphin/Swan as they do not have a guard at the entrance.

Do the resort buses drop off at DHS before cars are allowed through the gate? I want to make rope drop from the Campground.

Uber/Lyft are using the bus entrance now. We were just there on Wednesday and our driver said it has been that way for a month or so now. We pulled right in well before the cars were being let in. Our original plan was to walk from the speedway, but the driver said it wasn't necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter