• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to parks while staying at the Contemporary

Cindy84

Earning My Ears
My family of 5 are staying at the Contemporary from 3/26-3/31.

I know we can walk to MK, but I heard that the monorail to EPCOT isn't currently running. Any truth to this? If so, are we able to take a boat?
How long have the buses been taking to get to AK & DHS from the TTS?

Thank you for the help!

How long have the buses been taking to get to AK & DHS from the TTS?
It's the "TTC."
The buses don't run between the theme parks (AK & DHS) and TTC.
Those buses operate at the MK front gates.

If you are at the Contemporary, they offer buses that run between the Contemporary and AK, DHS, and Epcot.

There is no way to get from the Contemporary to Epcot by boat. Epcot is not on the same body of water, so that would be impossible.

You are correct, Epcot monorail is not running.

Here is what you will do:

MK: walk or monorail from Contemporary. It is a very short walk.

Epcot, DHS, AK: Bus from Contemporary

Hi, we’ll also be staying at the Contemporary in March... how would we get to Disney Springs?
Also, I thought there was a boat that leaves the Contemporary... where does that go? Or is there no boat?
Thank you!!!

Hi, we’ll also be staying at the Contemporary in March... how would we get to Disney Springs?
Also, I thought there was a boat that leaves the Contemporary... where does that go? Or is there no boat?
Thank you!!!

The boat goes to MK.

Sorry, but there is no direct boat between the Contemporary and MK.
The boats at the Contemporary run to/from Ft. Wilderness and to/from Wilderness Lodge.

There is bus service to/from Disney Springs.

Sorry, but there is no direct boat between the Contemporary and MK.
The boats at the Contemporary run to/from Ft. Wilderness and to/from Wilderness Lodge.

There is bus service to/from Disney Springs.
Thats right, I was thinking that it ran between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness, Contemporary and MK, but it doesn't include Contemporary.
The other boat just cycles between the resort.s

Rumors today that the EPCOT monorail will reopen soon. Read something on Twitter this morning.

ETA: Checked and it was a certain Daily WDW news type site that reported it as a rumor. I won't name names, but they're prominently found on Twitter if you're looking.

Last edited:
Rumors today that the EPCOT monorail will reopen soon. Read something on Twitter this morning.

ETA: Checked and it was a certain Daily WDW news type site that reported it as a rumor. I won't name names, but they're prominently found on Twitter if you're looking.
And then later yesterday, same site tweeted that the EPCOT monorail is NOT opening... and then this morning, same site tweeted that there are new social distance markings in the EPCOT monorail qeue today...

So who knows?

I'm watching this too since we are arriving March 7th! We also use Lyft from time to time if you don't want to wait on the buses. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter