transportation to Sanaa from Animal Kingdom?

Frogmom6

Earning My Ears
On our day dedicated to Animal Kingdom, I was thinking of making reservations for a late lunch at Sanaa. We have never been to Disney and I don't know how long to plan for transportation from the park to Sanaa and then back to the park after we eat. I assume we can't walk and would have to take a bus?

So - any ideas on how long it would take to bus from Animal Kingdom to Sanaa and back? Is it worth it? Our day is projected to be somewhere around a 5-7 on the crowd scale. Or should we just stay at the park to eat?

Thanks!

I would go for it. We have done it a couple times. The ride is maybe 5 minutes but all depends on the when the bus gets to the bus stop. You will want to get off at Kidani Village which should (I think) be the first stop. You could always go the Uber route too. The ride back is a little longer as the bus stops as Jumbo house before heading back to the park.

I would go for it. We have done it a couple times. The ride is maybe 5 minutes but all depends on the when the bus gets to the bus stop. You will want to get off at Kidani Village which should (I think) be the first stop. You could always go the Uber route too. The ride back is a little longer as the bus stops as Jumbo house before heading back to the park.
I'll corroborate what was said earlier. We went a week ago and gave ourselves an hour+ for travel from the park to Sanaa and our party ended up taking a nap in the rocking chairs on one of the observation decks for a solid 45 minutes.

Great! Thank you. I was able to get a reservation for 6 for Sanaa at 2:50. I have a FP+ reservation for kali river rapids at 2:05. Would you guys advise that I switch that FP reservation to after we get back from eating? It seems like even though the transportation is relatively quick I might be cutting it close if there is a line up for the bus. Not sure how long it takes to get out of the park and to the bus stop either.

Thanks again!

First, Sanaa is awesome! Ask for a window table, it’s worth the wait. Second, I agree with the above comment, you don’t want to sit at lun+h dripping so I would move it until later. Have fun!

Thank you! I didn't even think about the wetness factor. I don't want to be stressed out about getting somewhere on time on vacation. I switched my FP to after 4pm. I appreciate the advice. Thanks again!

I'd say try to gauge about 45 to 60 minutes time to get over to the restaurant.

Worst case scenario you have to wait 20-25 minutes for the bus. Ride is about 10-20 minutes not because of distance but because they make a stop at Jambo and then Kidani Village (this will be your stop to go to Sanaa, don't make the mistake and get off the bus at Jambo.) People getting off and on the bus again, and sometimes if someone is using an electric scooter it can take a bit of time (10+ minutes) to load it and get everyone situated.

If you are lucky, you may not have to wait too long for a bus to arrive at Animal Kingdom bus depot.

Sanaa is very good. I don't think I would leave the park to go eat there. I would consider Sanaa for dinner. Then you can have a leisurely meal and not feel rushed.
The bus from AK to AKL is only about 5 minutes.

Sanaa is very good. I don't think I would leave the park to go eat there. I would consider Sanaa for dinner. Then you can have a leisurely meal and not feel rushed.
The bus from AK to AKL is only about 5 minutes.

Yes, I am not loving the idea of leaving either. Unfortunately I think it is our only option if we want to do Sanaa. We have River Journey and FoP FP+ first thing in the morning and RoL FP+ at night. It is our only day at AK and it will be a long one. My youngest is five and there is no way she will make it through a dinner after RoL. I originally thought maybe we could go back to our resort to eat and rest for a bit but it doesn't really seem to make sense to go all the way back to BWI either. I think the best thing I can do is move things around so we don't have to feel rushed. And if we are early, a nap on the chairs in the observation area at Sanaa might not be a terrible idea :)

I am planning on doing almost this exact thing on Wednesday. My Sanaa reservation is at 1:45 or so. Since Animal Kingdom is a ways from my hotel, this seemed to be a good option for me, instead of taking a resort break. I actually prefer a longer lunch and/or break in the middle of the day. Rest, refuel, and enjoy the AC. It may not seem productive, but I'm interested in preserving my endurance this trip. Schedules like this make it easier on me. I have had a long lunch or break at the hotel every day this trip, and it's working out marvelously. I'm not a Commando Style park goer anymore.

I would allow an hour from the time you leave the park gate. The bus ride itself is short, less than 10 minutes. However, you don't know how long you'll have to wait for a bus. If you get there early, wonder around and view the beautiful resort!

(Official WDW policy is to allow 90 minutes for transportation.)

We are doing this as well. Going to AK. Late lunch at Sanaa. Sanaa is amazing, check out Pete and teams review of it on utube. After I watched I immediately made ressies!

Kali River Rapids....you will get wet. Very wet.

I'd try Tiffin's instead of Sanaa; no transposition and better food! We dined at both this past trip a few weeks ago.

You guys talked me out of Kali. I will let the teens make their own decision. Haha.

Tiffins looks great but it is a bit out of our price range.

Thanks for all of the info!

You can do Yak and Yeti if you want a table serve inside the park. Sign up for Landry card and you get priority seating without having to make an adr.

If you go to Sanaa, the bus ride is pretty short. AKL’s bus stop is the last one on the right hand bus depot. It’s no 10 if I remember. The bus will stop at Kidani - where Sanaa is and then Jambo House.

Look at menu for Sanaa to make sure your family will eat the food if you go. An alternative is the Mara which is the quick service restaurant at Jambo House. It’s very good. The lobby at Jambo is awesome place to crash for a bit. Lots of couches, observation decks with rockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter