• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to US/IoA

Hi not sure if this has been answered before but does anyone know what is the latest time we can call Mears to book for the next day?

Reason being we're flying international into JFK on 12 Nov at 11am and will reach Orlando at abt 6pm. I'm thinking if we shld call Mears and make arrangements when we are waiting for our JFK-MCO flight or if we can just call once we reach Disney. We also won't have US mobile nos, wonder if there are payphones or any customer service counters at Disney and US we can use to arrange for the transport? We're arranging to get a prepaid card but there don't seem to be any mobile providers at the airports or nearby!

TIA!

We will be staying at RPR first and transfer to POFQ. I think I need to have a town car/limo from MCO to RPR.

On the day of my hotel transfer,
1) Can I call a taxi rather than having a limo?
2) Can a taxi take 4 persons plus 2 medium and 2 carryon suitcases?
3) Does a taxi charge extra for the suitcases?

TIA

We will be staying at RPR first and transfer to POFQ. I think I need to have a town car/limo from MCO to RPR.

On the day of my hotel transfer,
1) Can I call a taxi rather than having a limo?
2) Can a taxi take 4 persons plus 2 medium and 2 carryon suitcases?
3) Does a taxi charge extra for the suitcases?

TIA
1. Yes, the hotel can do that for you.
2. Yes...shouldn't be an issue. If you want, there are van cabs that carry larger groups.
3. Nope. But I would tip accordingly if the driver assists you with the bags.

We will be staying at Pop in a few weeks, half way into our trip we plan on spending the night at one of the universal hotels and doing two days at their parks - my question is - the mears shuttle is $19 per person roundtrip, do you have to return on the same day? we're spending the night - can we use the return time the next day? thanks :scratchin

al6yi5tjrnk4m237.png

you can use it to return the next day.

you can't take a suitcase on the shuttle but can take a backpack.

I've done that before and it worked very well. But, we were still booked in a room at BWV...it was just empty that night we spent at US/IoA. So, we were able to put pj's and a simple change of clothes in our backpacks..with small toiletries. As noted already, you won't be able bring any type of luggage on the Mears bus..just a backpack. When I made the initial reservations, I noted that I was returning the next day, and then called them an hour or so before we were ready to leave. They gave us a pickup time at that point.

I booked a rental car through Expedia and have to pick it up at the Holiday Inn Universal. I couldn't find a comparable rate from the Disney car rental locations. In fact it is $75 more to rent from the Car Care Center. I had no idea a taxi would be $35! The mears shuttle seems less than $20?

So if I took a mears shuttle to Universal could I just walk across to the Holiday inn? I'm returning the car in St. Petersburg so it is only the 1-way.

What would you do?

I booked a rental car through Expedia and have to pick it up at the Holiday Inn Universal. I couldn't find a comparable rate from the Disney car rental locations. In fact it is $75 more to rent from the Car Care Center. I had no idea a taxi would be $35! The mears shuttle seems less than $20?

So if I took a mears shuttle to Universal could I just walk across to the Holiday inn? I'm returning the car in St. Petersburg so it is only the 1-way.

What would you do?
I would change my pickup area to someplace at WDW! The Mears shuttle will drop you next to US/IoA....the Holiday Inn is way across the street....it's not going to be just a case of crossing the road. And it will take a fair amount of time out of your day...25 or so mins to get to US/IoA, then hiking over to the Holiday Inn, then driving back to WDW..another 25 mins.
For me, time is money. But, the cost may be more important to you than time. If you don't want to change the pickup place, I would spend that addtl money to take a cab, not the shuttle. Much quicker and easier.

Did you also check out the Alamo rates picking up at the Dolphin? If you join their Alamo Insiders it is an automatic 10% off. I was pretty happy with a 1 day rental I got through them- $41. Worth checking out.

Can someone recommend a car service company includes a free grocery stop from MCO to RPR? I need a one way ride only and FL Tours seem to charge $25 for grocery stop if it is a one way transfer.

TIA

I've done that before and it worked very well. But, we were still booked in a room at BWV...it was just empty that night we spent at US/IoA. So, we were able to put pj's and a simple change of clothes in our backpacks..with small toiletries. As noted already, you won't be able bring any type of luggage on the Mears bus..just a backpack. When I made the initial reservations, I noted that I was returning the next day, and then called them an hour or so before we were ready to leave. They gave us a pickup time at that point.

That's what we're doing too, we will still be booked at Pop but going over to universal for one night, when you checked out of the universal hotel did they hold your backpack until you returned to disney? I was hoping to do that so we wouldn't have to lug them around the park all day, does the mears shuttle pick you up on the return trip from the universal hotel or from the parking lot........thanks :thumbsup2

al6yi5tjalc8g21y.png

That's what we're doing too, we will still be booked at Pop but going over to universal for one night, when you checked out of the universal hotel did they hold your backpack until you returned to disney? I was hoping to do that so we wouldn't have to lug them around the park all day, does the mears shuttle pick you up on the return trip from the universal hotel or from the parking lot........thanks :thumbsup2

al6yi5tjalc8g21y.png

yes.
when you check out of the UO hotel, store your belongings with valet.

many people including myself use that free service provided by the hotel.

i think you need to call mears and tell them the time you want to be picked up that next day.
i did read in another thread a poster stated they had to call mears 2 hours in advance once they wanted to be picked up.

al6yi5tjalc8g21y.png
Yep, it works the same way it would at WDW...just leave anything you don't want to carry with Bell Services.
For the return to WDW, we called Mears about 90 mins prior to the time we wanted to leave US/IoA. They gave us a time for pickup about an hour later. We just went back to the parking lot area, street level where we were dropped off, and found our van. Sometimes its a bus, sometimes it's a van..just ask the drivers you see which one you should board.
When you head back, from the hotel, to the parking lot area, be prepared to go through a bag check.

Just checked the dolphin....a minivan for 3 days is $720. I have a mininvan from U/O holiday inn for $240.

Uggh!! I will keep checking because I know the rate will keep changing. Hoping for pixie dust!

yes.
when you check out of the UO hotel, store your belongings with valet.

many people including myself use that free service provided by the hotel.

i think you need to call mears and tell them the time you want to be picked up that next day.
i did read in another thread a poster stated they had to call mears 2 hours in advance once they wanted to be picked up.

Thank you! That's what we'll do, getting so excited now, 2 more weeks!!! yah!

Yep, it works the same way it would at WDW...just leave anything you don't want to carry with Bell Services.
For the return to WDW, we called Mears about 90 mins prior to the time we wanted to leave US/IoA. They gave us a time for pickup about an hour later. We just went back to the parking lot area, street level where we were dropped off, and found our van. Sometimes its a bus, sometimes it's a van..just ask the drivers you see which one you should board.
When you head back, from the hotel, to the parking lot area, be prepared to go through a bag check.

Thanks so much for the advise, how much do you tip the shuttle driver???

al6yi5tjkbs9nf26.png

Hi guys, been looking through this forum for a while now but thought I'd post and get a little bit of info. Me and my DW are heading out for our Honeymoon in less than two weeks, can't wait! Anyway, we have tickets for Blue Man Group at US, just wondering how late the Mears shuttle will pick us up? We will no doubt take in the night life at Citywalk as well, but just wondering how long we can really stay for Mears to pick us up?

Thank you! That's what we'll do, getting so excited now, 2 more weeks!!! yah!

Thanks so much for the advise, how much do you tip the shuttle driver???

al6yi5tjkbs9nf26.png
I usually tip about $3 each way.

Hi guys, been looking through this forum for a while now but thought I'd post and get a little bit of info. Me and my DW are heading out for our Honeymoon in less than two weeks, can't wait! Anyway, we have tickets for Blue Man Group at US, just wondering how late the Mears shuttle will pick us up? We will no doubt take in the night life at Citywalk as well, but just wondering how long we can really stay for Mears to pick us up?
I think they run fait late....but, I would call them directly to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter