• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trattoria al Forno

Victoriapeluso

Mouseketeer
Hey All!
I was watching reviews on this restaurant and I was wondering what y'all thought of it? Is is REALLY that good?
We have an open night and I was thinking this could be a fun night- I also heard a rumor that the chef from Flying Fish really mad it better while he was over there- has anyone been there recently?

When the Flying Fish chef was there (June 2020 until spring 2022) it was amazing! We went back in July this year, and while it was still very good, it wasn't as good and the presentation of many dishes had changed. I believe that the chef that is there now was formerly at California Grill.

So, while I would still recommend it, if you see/read review for the period that Flying Fish was closed, just know that it won't be the same.

When the Flying Fish chef was there (June 2020 until spring 2022) it was amazing! We went back in July this year, and while it was still very good, it wasn't as good and the presentation of many dishes had changed. I believe that the chef that is there now was formerly at California Grill.

So, while I would still recommend it, if you see/read review for the period that Flying Fish was closed, just know that it won't be the same.

I replaced Chefs de Paris with this, but I’m going to try and replace Trattoria With Monsieur Paul !

We had a wonderful meal at TaF last fall.

We both have food allergies, and the chef was magnificent, just like nearly every TS chef used to be. He asked us what protein we each wanted and said he'd make us something we'd enjoy. We both wanted steak and got beautifully seasoned and cooked strips with sautéed zucchini and summer squash, subtlely and stunningly well seasoned. (Oh, durn! I just finished lunch and am practically drooling recalling how delicious it was.) Our salads were equally marvelous.

We'd about given up on dinner there, having had generally so-so food at dinner several times. But, having read so many rave reviews lately, decided to give it another try. Incredible!

We had a wonderful meal at TaF last fall.

We both have food allergies, and the chef was magnificent, just like nearly every TS chef used to be. He asked us what protein we each wanted and said he'd make us something we'd enjoy. We both wanted steak and got beautifully seasoned and cooked strips with sautéed zucchini and summer squash, subtlely and stunningly well seasoned. (Oh, durn! I just finished lunch and am practically drooling recalling how delicious it was.) Our salads were equally marvelous.

We'd about given up on dinner there, having had generally so-so food at dinner several times. But, having read so many rave reviews lately, decided to give it another try. Incredible!
now to decide to do this or MP

It is really good for dinner and breakfast. I guess I'm in the minority in which I hope the characters don't come back for breakfast, the breakfast that is there now is my favorite on property. If the characters come back that might impact the breakfast being served.

It is really good for dinner and breakfast. I guess I'm in the minority in which I hope the characters don't come back for breakfast, the breakfast that is there now is my favorite on property. If the characters come back that might impact the breakfast being served.
We thought the Tratt excellent last fall for both.

Our standard for wonderful food is V&A's. Anywhere else has to be pretty doggone good for us to use "magnificent, "wonderful," etc.

I'd say the Tratt's character breakfast food was decent, much better than buffet character meal food. We had that breakfast nearly every year, DH liked it that much for the characters and wanted it the year we went to WDW for his birthday. When he asked if he might have another doughnut twist, our server brought him a half dozen with a cheery, "Happy Birthday!" No wonder he liked that one so much!

The current no-character breakfast is very good indeed, IMO, and I'm not a huge fan of breakfast foods generally.

Ate there for the first time in August it was excellent planning to go again in December.

We ate there several times while the chef from Flying Fish was there during time Flying Fish was closed. The food was fabulous and we couldn’t wait to eat there during recent visit in Sept., however our dinner (chicken parmigiana) was no where near as good even the bread service has changed from a delicious focaccia bread to some plain rolls. All in all a very disappointing meal and we will not be returnin.🙁

We ate there several times while the chef from Flying Fish was there during time Flying Fish was closed. The food was fabulous and we couldn’t wait to eat there during recent visit in Sept., however our dinner (chicken parmigiana) was no where near as good even the bread service has changed from a delicious focaccia bread to some plain rolls. All in all a very disappointing meal and we will not be returning🙁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter