Travel agent

I book through Costco. You get a costco card for 5% of the cost of the trip. so it ends up being a lot of free costco cash

Hello again! sorry for the so many questions! Is there any advantages to using a travel agent for booking Adventures by Disney? I know with cruises you can get onboard credit. Is there anything like that for ABD? Thanks!

We have used Kevin from Dreams Unlimited, the travel agency that sponsors this forum. Everything is done via email, and he is extremely timely and thorough. DU runs discounted offers on the adventures. You can get a no-obligation price quote from them. https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/abd/

Last edited:

As others have mentioned the travel agents can sometimes get you cashback, and they can also save you from having to wait on hold if you want to book a trip on a busy day. My travel agent has also had to go to bat for me on some issues I've had with ABD over the years about little things. Since this forum is run by DU they don't like us to mention other agents in the forums, but I'm happy to pass on the info for my agent if you want to PM me. She can help you find ways to save on your trip.

As others have mentioned the travel agents can sometimes get you cashback, and they can also save you from having to wait on hold if you want to book a trip on a busy day. My travel agent has also had to go to bat for me on some issues I've had with ABD over the years about little things. Since this forum is run by DU they don't like us to mention other agents in the forums, but I'm happy to pass on the info for my agent if you want to PM me. She can help you find ways to save on your trip.
Thanks @DCPhotoGal ! I’m ok right now, just really wondering if it makes a difference on whether or not it makes a difference booking directly. :)

If you're a Costco member you can book through the number on the Costco travel web site and you can get up to $2000 back on a Costco cash card. The amount you get is not strictly a percentage, but for the ABDs I've taken it's worked out to be around 8%. If you're an executive member you also get an additional 2% rebate. When you call the Costco number, it goes directly to ABD. They'll ask for you Costco membership number so they can give you the rebate. Other than that, it's the same as if you called the number on the ABD web site. So you do not actually have a travel agent to help you with planning or any issues you might encounter and your rebate has to be spent at Costco. I shop a lot at Costco, so it's not a problem for me, but it might be for some people.

Really, the biggest difference (besides not having a TA to help you out) is that there's certain things you *have* to go through your TA for. ABD will not deal directly with you if you booked through a TA. They will answer some questions, but they won't change your booking, add flights, take payments, add pre-days, etc, or anything like that without going through your TA. If you're good with that, then there's really no downside to booking through a TA, and all the upsides of having a TA to go to bat for you & sit on the phone for you & help you if there's issues.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter