• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Anxiety

I've flown both Delta and Southwest the last few months and received free beverages/coffee and snacks sitting in the peasants section. :p I'll be flying American for the first time in a few weeks. I'll report back on their free offerings. ;)

I just flew Dallas FW to Orlando on American a few days ago and a cold drink and a small snack (sweet cracker type thing) were complimentary.

I also carry an empty water bottle through security and fill it before I board the plane. That saves buying overpriced water and I have it handy whenever I need it.

I have developed the same issue. We went to California over the summer and while I was excited I worried about the flight, there being an earthquake while there! I took 2 Xanax and used some essential oils and I did fine. Coming home I needed to added 4 Pepto Bismo to that combo (it could have been the night before dinner though). Watching the TV on the plane really helped distract me while on the plane. Thankfully I didn't panic too much about earthquakes while there.

The older I get, the more apprehensive I get traveling. I used to relish the trip, the airports, all that, but in recent years, I find myself dreading the whole process. I like the destinations, but the process of getting there is becoming more and more unnerving.

I have a cousin like that now. She used to fly everywhere. Now she will only do things locally. Does not like long drives either. She is becoming afraid of everything.

The older I get, one moment I say life is too short and go for it and other moments, I am saying.......no, I don't think so and won't take chances.

The older I get, the more apprehensive I get traveling. I used to relish the trip, the airports, all that, but in recent years, I find myself dreading the whole process. I like the destinations, but the process of getting there is becoming more and more unnerving.
My hubby is an anxious flier and there are a few things I have done to make the travel experience much better.
1)TSA pre check domestic/Global entry for international for shorter lines while passing through security 2) lounge access if you are not flying business or first so you can arrive at airport a few hours early and relax 3) nonstop flights instead of flights with layovers to minimize connections/travel delays 4) research transportation options to and from airport so travel day is seamless as much as possible.

It's so darn complicated dealing with the airport. "Can I bring this? Is this too big for overhead?" - The flight itself is fine.

I'm taking a flight to Orlando (Though sadly not to Disney ☹ though I will get some Disney Magic in!) Early October - I live in Northwest Florida, but the city is far smaller, so I have to pay 500$ economy to travel 6 hours. The best advice I can give you (and myself) is...be prepared, plan ahead, and if all else fails, at least flying is the safest way to travel, apparetly.

I regularly fly 4 times a year for vacations so maybe I should look into it, Searc.
Add in Clear and getting through security is a breeze. We have had TSA Pre for awhile but just this year added Clear. My last flight, the TSA line was longer than regular security. With the Front of the line pass (Clear,) we were through security in 10 minutes, 50 minutes shorter than the regular lines.

That's why I prefer flying international - they actually feed you and you can watch movies. I had to fly to Guam for work and I made sure to take the flight that connected in Japan (international) instead of the one through Hawaii (domestic) because the service would be so much better.
Have to agree. We just flew Lufthansa to Europe last month. What a difference in service! 2 meals, more snacks than I could eat, free booze, free drinks, blankets, pillows, headphones, and all this in economy.

Yea after my last vacation I am not too in the mood to travel too much anymore. Cancelled flights etc... I began to wonder if we ever were going to get home.

Have to agree. We just flew Lufthansa to Europe last month. What a difference in service! 2 meals, more snacks than I could eat, free booze, free drinks, blankets, pillows, headphones, and all this in economy.

We flew American back from Spain last year and it was fantastic, light-years better than service on their domestic flights. Aer Lingus doesn't have free alcohol in economy, which is a little disappointing. Air France has free champagne in economy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter