Travel Changes?

That looks like a fabulous itinerary. "Unfortunately", I've already been to all those places with ABD except for Orvieto, so I'm unlikely to ever sign up for it. But for folks looking for this type of itinerary (kind of like a cruise without the cruise ship) it looks great. Of course, it does seem like a bit of an odd choice for ABD given all the travel-time complaints they apparently get from their customers. Because this trip is guaranteed to have some serious travel time.

Sayhello

I am getting beyond annoyed! Cancel the damn Italy June trips already!
They did today :)

Cancelled Trips:
  • Alaska: 6/8, 6/15, 6/18, 6/25, 6/29
  • Arizona & Utah: 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22
  • Australia: 6/14, 6/28
  • Austria & Czech Republic: 6/5, 6/16, 6/19, 6/26
  • Boston Escape: 6/11, 6/25
  • Canadian Rockies: 6/20, 6/27, 6/29
  • Costa Rica: 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27
  • Disneyland Resort & Southern California: 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28
  • Ecuador: Amazon & Galapagos Islands: 6/9
  • Egypt: 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23, 6/30
  • England & France: 6/1, 6/5, 6/8, 6/12, 6/15, 6/19, 6/22, 6/26, 6/29
  • Germany: 6/5, 6/16, 6/26
  • Greece: 6/5, 6/13, 6/19, 6/26
  • Iceland: 6/6, 6/17, 6/27
  • Ireland: 6/12, 6/26
  • Italy: 6/2, 6/5, 6/9, 6/12, 6/16, 6/19, 6/23, 6/26, 6/30
  • Italy & Amalfi Coast: 6/9, 6/21
  • Italy & Switzerland: 6/8, 6/19, 6/26
  • Japan: 6/7, 6/15, 6/21, 6/28
  • New York City Escape: 6/4, 6/18
  • Norway: 6/13, 6/23
  • Paris Escape: 6/30
  • Peru: 6/4, 6/14, 6/25
  • Rome Escape: 6/19, 6/28
  • Scotland: 6/4, 6/14, 6/25
  • South Africa: 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27
  • Spain: 6/6, 6/20, 6/27
  • Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia: 6/22
  • Washington, D.C. & Philadelphia: 6/14, 6/28
  • Wyoming: 6/14, 6/21, 6/24

Grand tour looks strange and random to me. I thought ABD was all about delving into one culture in a deep way...London/Paris at least are kind of close to each other geographically, but doing London/Paris and smashing it together with Viva Italia just seems like the typical European vacation of "lets go to 3 countries in a week and see as much as possible"

Maybe I'm in the minority...

Grand tour looks strange and random to me. I thought ABD was all about delving into one culture in a deep way...London/Paris at least are kind of close to each other geographically, but doing London/Paris and smashing it together with Viva Italia just seems like the typical European vacation of "lets go to 3 countries in a week and see as much as possible"

No, you're not. You just expressed what I was trying to say more succinctly than I did. :)

Sayhello

Exactly. There is going to be a lot of time in transition. Hopefully, it's by train or plane. Because if it's by motor coach, that's going to suck.

Knowing that they've cancelled all of June now gives me a small glimmer of hope that they might cancel all of August before our PIF at the end of May.

The ABD land tours typically have one guide from the country you are visiting, which helps us learn about that country more deeply. The new Grand Tour obviously can't provide that for the UK and France and Italy simultaneously. It might be a challenge to get a guide fluent in French and Italian and English.

If anyone is looking for alternatives to travel later in the year - we did Havasu Falls with Wildland Trekking, and it was AMAZING. They have a lot of other trip options, and I am seriously thinking about booking a trip to Zion and Bryce with them for after Christmas. Below is an email I just got from them...they have some great incentives for booking!

Today through April 30 you can take advantage of these exceptional, low risk booking terms and savings:
  • $100 deposits. For all multi-day trips starting August 1 and later the deposit is $100 per person (normally $500).
  • 30-day final payment. Your final balance won't be due until 30 days prior to departure (trips outside the USA still due at 60 days).
  • Risk free cancellation. You can reschedule your trip before the final payment is due with no penalty.
  • 20% discount. On top of all of that we're offering you a 20% discount off the total cost of the trip!
  • Book with Adventure Consultants. Please call or email us to make your reservation under these terms.

Last edited:
I called Tauck today.

Unfortunately the weeks that I need for our Siene river cruise next year are sold out in the category we need (family of 5 requires that we have the suite, the only category that sleeps more than 2). Because of work, I can travel in June, but not July really. Also, while everything related to the land trips is transferable, river cruise deposits are not. Right now we are waitlisted for the preferred weeks, but I think we are going to go ahead and book the Alpine Adventure instead. It seems I will have a substantial credit with Air France, but I assume I should be able to get Houston/Zurich/Munich on there, KLM or Delta.

We had paid in full early for 3 of the 5. I could have received a full refund for everything I paid in, but if I left the money with Tauck, we received a $500 credit for each person paid in full and $250 for the ones not paid in full. At any time, I can change my mind and get the refund in the future.

Last edited:
On hold with ABD for almost an hour now. Figures my PIF date and the announcement of June cancellations/new itineraries/booking offers would be on the same day! I don't usually wait until day-of to PIF, but I put this off as long as I could to see if any other options were on the table. I'm going to ask if I take the credit and my trip is eventually cancelled if I would be eligible for the "displaced traveler" option - I have a feeling the answer is no, but it's worth asking I suppose . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter