Travel Changes?

Now that all the June folks have closure, time for us July people (July 4, Norway) to get anxious! Thankfully I've already cancelled virtually all other aspects of the trip (airfare, pre/post travels, etc), now I just need the ABD payment back. With 5 in our family, 3 kids in elementary/middle/high school (one in each) and a wife that's a teacher we don't have much timing flexibility. I just need our refund and we can re-asses...

I think this is highly preferable to the position that even if they cancel the trip the deposit is non-refundable thing ABD has leaned into. The carrot, rather than the stick, makes me much more satisfied with this outcome.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you wrote here or not, but if ABD cancels your trip, the deposit (or whatever you have paid at that point) is fully refundable. It's only not refundable if *you* cancel.

Sayhello

Loving the itinerary for the Grand European ABD. Unfortunately, we've just done London/Paris in October 2019 and have been to Florence & Rome sometime in 2019 as well.

The Grand Tour wouldn't be my first choice as it repeats a lot of places I've been, but I'm sure it appeals to someone going for their once in a lifetime European trip. NZ would be cool. I'm not sure the dates work out, but I'm interested.

They did today :)

Cancelled Trips:
  • Alaska: 6/8, 6/15, 6/18, 6/25, 6/29
  • Arizona & Utah: 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22
  • Australia: 6/14, 6/28
  • Austria & Czech Republic: 6/5, 6/16, 6/19, 6/26
  • Boston Escape: 6/11, 6/25
  • Canadian Rockies: 6/20, 6/27, 6/29
  • Costa Rica: 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27
  • Disneyland Resort & Southern California: 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28
  • Ecuador: Amazon & Galapagos Islands: 6/9
  • Egypt: 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23, 6/30
  • England & France: 6/1, 6/5, 6/8, 6/12, 6/15, 6/19, 6/22, 6/26, 6/29
  • Germany: 6/5, 6/16, 6/26
  • Greece: 6/5, 6/13, 6/19, 6/26
  • Iceland: 6/6, 6/17, 6/27
  • Ireland: 6/12, 6/26
  • Italy: 6/2, 6/5, 6/9, 6/12, 6/16, 6/19, 6/23, 6/26, 6/30
  • Italy & Amalfi Coast: 6/9, 6/21
  • Italy & Switzerland: 6/8, 6/19, 6/26
  • Japan: 6/7, 6/15, 6/21, 6/28
  • New York City Escape: 6/4, 6/18
  • Norway: 6/13, 6/23
  • Paris Escape: 6/30
  • Peru: 6/4, 6/14, 6/25
  • Rome Escape: 6/19, 6/28
  • Scotland: 6/4, 6/14, 6/25
  • South Africa: 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27
  • Spain: 6/6, 6/20, 6/27
  • Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia: 6/22
  • Washington, D.C. & Philadelphia: 6/14, 6/28
  • Wyoming: 6/14, 6/21, 6/24
THANK YOU!!! Phew!!!

The ABD land tours typically have one guide from the country you are visiting, which helps us learn about that country more deeply. The new Grand Tour obviously can't provide that for the UK and France and Italy simultaneously. It might be a challenge to get a guide fluent in French and Italian and English.
The existing London/Paris ABD doesn't follow that pattern.

Grand tour looks strange and random to me. I thought ABD was all about delving into one culture in a deep way...London/Paris at least are kind of close to each other geographically, but doing London/Paris and smashing it together with Viva Italia just seems like the typical European vacation of "lets go to 3 countries in a week and see as much as possible"

Maybe I'm in the minority...

Grand Tour could also be appealing to a travel party that wants the "sampler" type of itinerary one would get on the DCL european sailings, but isn't yet comfortable with resuming cruise ship travel.

The NZ itinerary is very tempting for me because there's an adult exclusive departure scheduled on my milestone birthday. My only NZ experience was a stopover for a couple of days en route to an ABD Australia birthday trip. I think it's a sign.

Received an email from ABD that "Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend most departures through June 30, 2020". We had been scheduled on the June 5th Austria & Czech Republic adventure. Options are a travel credit for any Adventure in 2020 or 2021, or a full refund. If I take the credit and book by May 11th, there is some type of discount but I'd need to call for specifics.

If they're willing to refund your deposit, i would take it.
Then when you're ready to book again, you can, without being forced into their time constraints.
After all, you never know what tomorrow will bring (this virus being proof of that).

It is comforting to read that so many of you believe June international trips will be cancelled. We paid in full early for our June trip to Germany (which I won’t do again!) so I am going to try hold out and hope ABD cancels. I have learned so much reading everyone’s comments and experiences. Thanks for sharing!

Although we have had four amazing ABD trips, I have started looking at Tauck based on the positive comments here and the poor communication everyone has received from ABD. Their destinations look amazing, but I did get a slight impression that they had some focus on finer dining/dressing up. Is this anyone’s experience? My family likes the laid back ABD feel. Should we only look at the Tauck trips designated for “families?”

I’ve done two Tauck tours now. While certain were dressed up, most people reused outfits throughout the trip when it came to the fancy wear. It really only needed for 2 meals of each trip (a 13 night France one and a 7 night Italy one).

Received an email from ABD that "Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend most departures through June 30, 2020". We had been scheduled on the June 5th Austria & Czech Republic adventure. Options are a travel credit for any Adventure in 2020 or 2021, or a full refund. If I take the credit and book by May 11th, there is some type of discount but I'd need to call for specifics.

This is the information I received regarding the Early Booking offer. It appears they are allowing "displaced" guests (those whose itineraries were cancelled by ABD) to book first (staring today), they are offering up to $750 per person discount and, if I'm reading it correctly, any new booking made through the end of June 2020 will have fully refundable deposits up until final payment date.

"Offer must be booked through August 31, 2020 for travel start dates between February 8, 2021 – March 30, 2022. Availability is limited.
Advance booking dates:
April 20, 2020:
Guests whose departures were cancelled due to Covid-19
May 12, 2020: Adventure Insiders – previous Adventures by Disney Guests
May 19, 2020: General booking
Save Up to $750 Per Person on Select Vacation Departures
Take advantage of this early booking offer and save up to $750 per person on select vacation departures.*
Travel must be booked from now through August 31, 2020 for travel February 8, 2021 to March 30, 2022.
Enjoy the following savings on these Adventures by Disney vacations:
Save $750 per person on these select departure start dates:
  • February 8 – March 11, 2021
  • April 10 – May 29, 2021
  • August 30 – December 11, 2021
  • January 10 – March 9, 2022
Save $500 per person on these select international departure start dates:
  • March 12 – April 7, 2021
  • May 30 – August 29, 2021
  • December 12, 2021 – January 1, 2022
  • March 10 – March 30, 2022
Save $400 per person on these select North America departure start dates:
Important Information
  • Early Booking Rates and availability are limited
  • Special Offer excludes river cruise, Escape and Disney Cruise Line related packages
  • Offer must be booked through August 31, 2020
  • Offer is for departure start dates from February 8, 2021 through March 30, 2022
  • Not combinable with other offers or promotions
Book Early and Save!
Availability is limited for this 2021 special offer. Travel must be booked through August 31, 2020.
Temporary Travel Cancellation Policy
Adventures by Disney is offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our Guests. Any new bookings made on future trips through the end of June 2020 will be subject to fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date."

This is the information I received regarding the Early Booking offer. It appears they are allowing "displaced" guests (those whose itineraries were cancelled by ABD) to book first (staring today), they are offering up to $750 per person discount and, if I'm reading it correctly, any new booking made through the end of June 2020 will have fully refundable deposits up until final payment date.

"Offer must be booked through August 31, 2020 for travel start dates between February 8, 2021 – March 30, 2022. Availability is limited.
Advance booking dates:
April 20, 2020:
Guests whose departures were cancelled due to Covid-19
May 12, 2020: Adventure Insiders – previous Adventures by Disney Guests
May 19, 2020: General booking
Save Up to $750 Per Person on Select Vacation Departures
Take advantage of this early booking offer and save up to $750 per person on select vacation departures.*
Travel must be booked from now through August 31, 2020 for travel February 8, 2021 to March 30, 2022.
Enjoy the following savings on these Adventures by Disney vacations:
Save $750 per person on these select departure start dates:
  • February 8 – March 11, 2021
  • April 10 – May 29, 2021
  • August 30 – December 11, 2021
  • January 10 – March 9, 2022
Save $500 per person on these select international departure start dates:
Save $400 per person on these select North America departure start dates:
Important Information
  • Early Booking Rates and availability are limited
  • Special Offer excludes river cruise, Escape and Disney Cruise Line related packages
  • Offer must be booked through August 31, 2020
  • Offer is for departure start dates from February 8, 2021 through March 30, 2022
  • Not combinable with other offers or promotions
Book Early and Save!
Availability is limited for this 2021 special offer. Travel must be booked through August 31, 2020.
Temporary Travel Cancellation Policy
Adventures by Disney is offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our Guests. Any new bookings made on future trips through the end of June 2020 will be subject to fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date."
Thanks for sharing these details!

Has anyone been in the situation where the trip that was cancelled they had used a CREDIT to book? So if this trip is cancelled, what happens to the initial deposit that was not refundable 2 years ago and was used to book a trip that was now cancelled? Do they receive another extension on this credit or cash back or?

Our June trip to Japan is cancelled and we plan to opt for a refund. Does anyone know if the trip insurance "cancel for any reason" also gets refunded?
I asked ABD and they said that if you have the ABD insurance, that premium gets refunded if they cancel your trip. Similarly you can transfer it if you rebook a trip. A reason that I would consider ABD insurance in the future is because of it's refundable option if ABD cancels the trip. I will be stuck with a credit if ABD cancels my trip, since I have OYO insurance.

Has anyone been in the situation where the trip that was cancelled they had used a CREDIT to book? So if this trip is cancelled, what happens to the initial deposit that was not refundable 2 years ago and was used to book a trip that was now cancelled? Do they receive another extension on this credit or cash back or?
I will know this next month if ABD cancels my trip which was booked with a credit from a trip I canceled! I know I asked this question at the time that I rebooked a trip and I believe they said if they cancel my trip that I would get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter