Travel insurance advice please?

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
So, we had to cancel our May 2020 trip and rebook (we changed from BA flydrive to Virgin flydrive) for April 2021 and have now rescheduled for August 2021. It may be 4th, rather than 3rd time lucky but we'll go with it for now
😘

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company that covers being asked to self isolate by Track and Trace rather than just being diagnosed with COVID?
My daughter's current travel insurance expires next week, as does her partner's so she was looking to get them a joint annual policy.
🤔

I've looked on comparison sites but have a headache trying to unpick all the policies :scratchin
If anyone has any advice that would be great.
Thanks for any help.

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company that covers being asked to self isolate by Track and Trace rather than just being diagnosed with COVID?
I've used Top Dog the last couple of years. My policy wording for last year - but written pre-Covid19 - does include "compulsory quarantine" in the cancellation section. But that may well now have a Covid19 exclusion.
If the T&T notification is only advisory then that's a grey area.

I think you will need to ask the question of each company you consider, and if they say they do cover that then ask for a copy of their policy wording to check over yourself.

Have a look at this - https://www.allianz-assistance.co.uk/travel-insurance/Covid-19-travel-insurance.html

I think that's also who BA sell insurance through, but a quick look at that first page and it seems to cover all bases, including your specific point about NHS mandated isolation, even if you're not tested +ve.

However if the UK government changes lockdown rules or guidance on travel to the US, this policy doesn't cover you. It's a quandary...

Last edited:

MoneySavingExpert had some useful advice last year regarding travel insurance and coronavirus - might be worth checking that site to see if they've got an up to date view of things?

If my September trip happens.
My plan is to hide from the world for the two weeks before I go, I will have to go to work but as I work in a hospital I wear masks all the time and have to turn off track and trace within hospital grounds. On line supermarket shops and no other leaving the house before I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter