• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel insurance

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
i would appreciate any feedback on travel insurance. I just change health plans and the new one doesn't travel. I am 34 days out from my trip.

Go to Insure My Trip. They are online brokers for every major travel insurance company. Put in your dates, age, State, and value of trip, and all the options will come up.

Insure my trip dot com
Look at Exclusions. If it's Not EXcluded your re covered!
U can get it up till day of departure but longer u wait the price goes Up and u generally will be Excluded from pre-existing conditions ( which have a broad range)
Be sure to include ur Actual value... to get most accurate price And not accidentally cut itself short if needed.
Happy safe healthy travels!

i would appreciate any feedback on travel insurance. I just change health plans and the new one doesn't travel. I am 34 days out from my trip.
Just compare, it's a specialty product like Title Insurance and added rental car insurance. I doubt your current health plan offers no protections for travel, esp in the US.

On that comparison website Insure My Trip, we found CSA Travel Protection.
CSA has the best pre-existing health condition exclusion up until final payment of your trip. This is the best /most liberal in the market. Most insurers will exclude pre existing conditions at 1st booking time.

It sounds like you are most interested in the medical coverages offered by travel insurance.
But the closer to departure you buy travel insurance, the less costly it will likely be due to less time window for cancellation risk. Does not sound like you have a risk of cancelling your trip and being out alot of $$.

Thoughts...
  • When I get a quote.... I ask for a second quote with the "highest deductible". As I don't plan to file for trivial stuff.... I get a significant discount.
  • if you travel more than a couple of times a year.... get an "annual" plan for additional discounts.
  • Check your credit card... some come with travel insurance.

I know I am a little late to reply but I wanted to recommend you check your policy for coverage applicable in emergency situations. My new Anthem policy doesn't cover me out of state either, but I do have access to the blue card plan which allows me access to a network of hospitals outside my state for emergency situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter