Travel time from South Carolina

JAM'S MOM

Always Planning Another Getaway to the Fort
I need some help in planning for our trip to arrive at the Fort on the 29th of December. We'll be pulling our 32 foot travel trailer to Fort Wilderness from our new home in Lexington SC. Mapquest says its about 7 hours taking 26 to 95 to 4. Pulling a trailer may add a little extra time.

Is this the way that most of you go? How long does it take you? Since it is the holiday time, will the traffic be heavier and maybe slow us down? Any shortcuts?

Thanks!!

I need some help in planning for our trip to arrive at the Fort on the 29th of December. We'll be pulling our 32 foot travel trailer to Fort Wilderness from our new home in Lexington SC. Mapquest says its about 7 hours taking 26 to 95 to 4. Pulling a trailer may add a little extra time.

Is this the way that most of you go? How long does it take you? Since it is the holiday time, will the traffic be heavier and maybe slow us down? Any shortcuts?

Thanks!!

Personally, I would not try and do it in the same day. Anytime on the first day we leave some time at the end of that day to settle in and for WDW like to stay in the Jax/St. Augustine area and then drive in the next day for check in and get there around 11AM, fix lunch and wait for check in. That way you're rested and ready to go. We're getting to FW on 12/16 and not leaving until 1/25/08, but have been working the ressies since early Feb of this year and haven't gotten a FW ressie for 12/29, 30, 31 so keep me in mind if you need to cancel since I really, really want those 3 days that I don't now have.:yay:

Larry

I live 5 miles from the NC/SC border by Waxhaw/Lancaster SC and it takes up about 8 hours and 45 mins. depending on the stops. That's with 3 kids and a dog so we stop about every 2 hours.

I'm trying to read my notes I just took 2 weeks ago when we were there... from what I can make out from 26/77 it's 447 to disney- but from 26/95 it's 394 miles and I have written down 6 hours from that point. So from 26/95 it's 6 hours. LOL

Personally, I would not try and do it in the same day. Anytime on the first day we leave some time at the end of that day to settle in and for WDW like to stay in the Jax/St. Augustine area and then drive in the next day for check in and get there around 11AM, fix lunch and wait for check in. That way you're rested and ready to go. We're getting to FW on 12/16 and not leaving until 1/25/08, but have been working the ressies since early Feb of this year and haven't gotten a FW ressie for 12/29, 30, 31 so keep me in mind if you need to cancel since I really, really want those 3 days that I don't now have.:yay:

Larry

I will keep you in mind Larry but our plans are pretty firm at this time. You gave me an idea though about staying elsewhere the night before check in. It is nice to be able to be do a leisurely check in.

Where do you stay in Jax/St Aug? I was looking at Anastasia Island but perhaps it is too cold/windy for December timeframe? Thanks.

When we travel south on I 95 we usually spend the night at the last exit (exit 1) in Kingston Ga. There are two campgrounds here, a KOA and one called Country Oaks. Both are good stop overs. If you arrive late at night and want to boondock there are a couple of truck stops at this exit as well. This is a great place to fuel up since Fla traditionally has higher prices. Pulling a trailer in moderate traffic its about 3-4 hrs to Disney from here.

Last time I checked Anastasia for end of Dec. it was almost completely booked.

WOW! I'm in Lexington, too. We just drove down in May and it took 7 hours. We did not take the travel trailer this time. That was with two children. We stopped for lunch and gas. We do take the suggested Mapquest route. Hope this helps.

WOW! I'm in Lexington, too. We just drove down in May and it took 7 hours. We did not take the travel trailer this time. That was with two children. We stopped for lunch and gas. We do take the suggested Mapquest route. Hope this helps.

Thanks for confirming the mapquest route and time from Lexington to Disneyworld. We'll add a little time extra since we will be pulling the trailer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter