Travel Time from Wilderness Lodge to MK in the Morning

EglantineSF

Earning My Ears
All,

Quick question for those who are familiar with the Wilderness Lodge. How much time would you estimate it takes in the morning from WL to MK, if you are taking the boat? We are wondering how much time to give ourselves in order to try to make rope drop one morning.

Thanks in advance!

The boat takes about 12 minutes to get to MK. But the boat is often crowded for rope drop. Either give yourself plenty of time to get there via boat at rope drop or take the bus. It is a quick 5 minute bus ride to MK.

Just a word of warning-we were trying to get to MK for EMH one morning last fall-wait for the boat was normal BUT there was an ECV waiting to go to CR for an ADR-since they use the small boats to travel between CR, FW, and WL (or at least they were that day) we had to go to CR before MK (they had the big boat in service for MK-WL route). That added at least 10 min on to the trip. I'm not sure if this is how it always works but had we known we would have headed for the bus-in our experience the bus is faster but the boat is a nice ride when you aren't in a hurry (like at rope drop)

Also even though the boat may take 12 minutes you may be waiting a bit for the boat to show up to the dock. We just came back from Disney and stayed at WL. It was not a busy time of year so boats were never so crowded that those waiting couldn't board but we did wait about 10 minutes more than once for a boat. I'd give yourself 1/2 hour for boat transport that day to be safe.

Enjoy your stay. The WL is just beautiful.

If MK rope drop ceremony is still starting around 8:45am, I'd probably want to be getting to the dock around 8am. If taking the bus, more like 8:15am (quicker trip, less crowded).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter