Travel time to LAX

rachaeld

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at BW Raffles, and my parents will be flying into LAX about 8.30 on a Monday morning. If we chose to go pick them up (in rental car), what would approximate travel time be for that time of day? Also how long would it take for us to get back to hotel again?

If you have two or more in your car you can use the carpool lane and should arrive in just less than an hour.

If they arw arriving at 8:30 am on a Monday, you can count on your commute to be at least an hour to 90 min to LAX. Leave no later than 7am.

On the way back, you will still encounter traffic, which doesn't let up until well after 9:30 most days. Count on an hour back to Anaheim as well.

Carpool lanes don't help very much during rush hour, unfortunately. I would recommend using Google Maps or Waze and go whichever route they tell you in order to avoid the worst traffic. There are several route options.

If you are renting a car then you have already commuted one way from LAX I am guessing. Google maps is such a help to find the best routes especially when you select a specific time of day for your search. We have found the carpool lanes are hit and miss but there have been times they have saves us a good chunk of time. I'd agree on not leaving any later than 7 as well especially if you are planning to park and go into the terminal to meet them.

If our flight out of LAX leaves at 10:10am on a Wednesday, what time should we leave the Grand Californian. We will have a rental car that we will need to return as well. Any tips or advice is welcomed

I'd leave a bit earlier (IMHO) since car rental returns at LAX add quite a bit of time. It more depends on how early you want to be at the terminal for check-in. If you don't mind being in the terminal 1 hr prior to take-off (that cuts it too close for my taste) theen 7am is fine.

At 7am, there WILL be a lot of traffic, 1-1.5 hrs even in the HOV lane (like DLgal says, it'll only save about 15-20 minutes in the HOV lane). California has a LOT of EVs now so the carpool lane is jammed (I'm an EV owner and I know exactly how much difference in times it accounts for because my sticker expired on Jan 1 this year).

Google Maps. Input the time you want to arrive/leave, and it will give you historical data.

We are visiting DL for the first time this May. We are driving a rental car from PHX to Las Vegas then to GCV. How long is the ride to LAX on a Sunday night? We are on the red eye back to NJ. Departure is like 10pm.

Thanks!

FYI, we came back on Wednesday and left around 7:30am and it took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to the rental car return. According to Waze, that was the average travel time most of the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter