Travel Times Around WDW

AGJ9979

Earning My Ears
I'm researching and prepping for our trip in December and I hope to be as informed as possible. Does anyone have estimates of how long it takes to travel between the different parks using the Disney Transportation? I would also be interested in travel times from Disney's Beach Club resort to the different parks...

From. The beach club you can walk to Epcot, 5-7 minutes
Or take the boat which used to run on a schedule because if you just miss one it's about a 15 minute wa it for the next one.
Same for HS, except the walk is about 15 minutes? Maybe less I can't remember. Boat same as above.

And Buses to the other parks, we'll let's just say they will take twice as long as you think they should.

Thanks! We have ressies all over, so I want to plan ahead how long we will need to get to each one...

I use the web site Our Laughing Place.

I have read - don't know first hand - many times that this site is outdated and inaccurate. I don't use it for that reason.

Thanks! We have ressies all over, so I want to plan ahead how long we will need to get to each one...

Disney recommends 90 minutes travel time using their transportation for resort to resort transfers. In general, it doesn't take that much time. But it can and we allow that amount of time for dinner ADRs. Also, we budget for some (several) resort to resort taxis. Budgeted and saved for over time, it does not amount to a lot of money in the overall scheme of things.
In general,
Buses run about every 20 minutes. If you just miss your bus you can count on waiting a good 20 minutes. Sometimes more, most times less, but count on 20 minutes.
Same goes for the Friendship Boats that service the BC. It is much quicker, 5 - 7 minutes, to walk to Epcot. The boat dock is actually in the opposite direction toward the YC. I think the walk to Hollywood Studios is 15 - 20 minutes. I find it a pleasant walk, unless it is brutally hot, and we often walk, especially if we just missed the boat. You can often beat the next boat by walking.

I have read - don't know first hand - many times that this site is outdated and inaccurate. I don't use it for that reason.

Disney recommends 90 minutes travel time using their transportation for resort to resort transfers. In general, it doesn't take that much time. But it can and we allow that amount of time for dinner ADRs. Also, we budget for some (several) resort to resort taxis. Budgeted and saved for over time, it does not amount to a lot of money in the overall scheme of things.
In general,
Buses run about every 20 minutes. If you just miss your bus you can count on waiting a good 20 minutes. Sometimes more, most times less, but count on 20 minutes.
Same goes for the Friendship Boats that service the BC. It is much quicker, 5 - 7 minutes, to walk to Epcot. The boat dock is actually in the opposite direction toward the YC. I think the walk to Hollywood Studios is 15 - 20 minutes. I find it a pleasant walk, unless it is brutally hot, and we often walk, especially if we just missed the boat. You can often beat the next boat by walking.

I've found it helpful. Don't know how outdated it is, bus routes to parks are the same as always. Except now they cut out the bus stops at DTD to just one stop :sad2:. For the most part it's gives you a good idea of times, and how to get around using Wdw transportation.

I've found it helpful. Don't know how outdated it is, bus routes to parks are the same as always. Except now they cut out the bus stops at DTD to just one stop :sad2:. For the most part it's gives you a good idea of times, and how to get around using Wdw transportation.

Just take some of the bus options with a grain of salt if there are other options. If you do MK to WL, it tells you to take a bus to DHS and transfer to a bus to WL. There is a direct bus between MK and WL. For MK to FW, it tells you to take a bus to AK and then transfer to a bus to FW. If you take a bus from MK to WL, there is then a bus between WL and FW.

Many of the resort to resort bus options indicate to use a water park instead of a theme park. If you want to go to an Epcot area resort, it tells you to take a bus to Epcot and then walk to the resort. Some of the options do at least let people know you have to have a valid park ticket to do this, but it would have been better to have the person go via DHS instead where you do not have to even worry about a park ticket.

Thanks for all the help! I didn't realize we will be able to walk to HS, so that is TONS of help! Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the back entrance of Epcot to the Ticket Center?

Thanks for all the help! I didn't realize we will be able to walk to HS, so that is TONS of help! Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the back entrance of Epcot to the Ticket Center?

What Ticket Center are you talking about? Do you mean the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC) for the MK? If so, you cannot walk there, but you can take a monorail from Epcot to the TTC.

The Epcot International Gate Entrance to Epcot monorail station is probably about 3/4 of a mile.

Ha! It's been so long I forgot where the Ticket and Transportation Center is! I meant to the monorail station. Thank you!!

For MK to FW, it tells you to take a bus to AK and then transfer to a bus to FW. If you take a bus from MK to WL, there is then a bus between WL and FW.
Better option is just take the boat from MK direct to FtW.
Many of the resort to resort bus options indicate to use a water park instead of a theme park.
A great example of being out of date, since direct service between most resorts & the water parks has been eliminated or cut back to certain times of day.

Better option is just take the boat from MK direct to FtW.

This is my favorite way to travel between MK & FW, but there are times where a bus might be needed. I know people with such a fear of water that they would not be able to handle the boat.

We are heading to the HDD one night, and will probably take a bus from our resort. Afterward, we always take the boat to MK. HDD is a tradition for our family, so it's a must for us!

Ha! It's been so long I forgot where the Ticket and Transportation Center is! I meant to the monorail station. Thank you!!
It's a fairly long walk. Where do you want to go? I would be more inclined to walk to BC, then take the bus to MK. Then, head to the area you want from MK.

Well, I was thinking it might work to walk through the park then hop a monorail to MK... Not sure that's a realistic plan...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter