Travel Tips from TSA

bmartin1206

Mouseketeer
I am an employee for TSA and am open to questions concerning passenger/baggage screening questions while traveling. So rather than try to hit on everything I will await your questions.
www.tsa.gov can answer many questions concerning prohibited items.

I understand that food and drinks should not be packed in your checked luggage, so we will stash them in our carry-ons.
Will medications such as Robitusin or Delsym cause problems? Or foil backed packaging capsule types such as Immodium?

For those who are worried about their baggage being unlocked after the lock being cut off for inspection purposes; would it be possible to place a replacement lock into an envelope addressed to TSA inside each luggage piece? Then TSA could place the replacement lock on the piece instead of the plastic tie. Of course each luggage piece would need its own replacement lock & note. This might help quelch the fears of those who are afraid of theft (as noted in previous posts and news comments on TV).

The problem with food and drink is it may cause us to do an unnecessary bag search which results in delay of loading baggage. The same may happen if carried on but not as likely. Medications generally are not a problem. Foiled meds should not be a problem unless you leave them in your pocket which may trigger the walk through metal detector. Hint: after you have taken all other metal objects off of your body, remove your shoes before going through the metal detector unless you are wearing tennis shoes. Most tennis shoes are OK. All other shoes generally have a metal arch support in the sole.
We will not be looking for replacement locks. In all honesty, if someone really wants in a bag, plastic tie or padlock will not keep them out. Both have to be cut. TSA employees have had an extensive background check from FBI to local police.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter