Travelex Disney Travel Insurance - buyer beware!

O-so-good Disney Mama

Mouseketeer
We were scheduled to be in Disney from Sept. 4th to Sept.13th. We left early due to Hurricane Irma. I've been calling everyone non-stop to obtain our refunds and Disney has been great, Southwest was great but we flew an emergency flight home on Air Canada which was far more pricey and we had to pay for our baggage and a rental car to boot.

We are glad we mall made it back safety but I will NEVER buy the Disney travel insurance again! They will not pay for the difference in flight prices or any other expenses incurred because their plan only covers trip interruption if the place where you are at is deemed "uninhabitable." So essentially, you must go through the hurricane and wait for distaster on the other side before you can claim!

I've since looked at other travel insurance companies that were posted on the disboards and they cover where there is a named hurricane or a hurricane warning (both in place by the time of our departure). Having never gone through this all before, it was eye opening on coverage and I could have just used that $150 for the insurance towards my additional costs - what a waste of $$$$! Please learn from our mistake and don't buy Disney travel insurance!

This is helpful, thank you for your story. I was specifically looking for feedback like this to see if the travel insurance through Disney is worth it. Sorry your situation did not turn out better but thanks for the heads up!

I think the insurance purchased through Disney only covers the flights if the flights are purchased through Disney. Otherwise, it would not be covered through the insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter