Traveling with a Lightsaber...after Savi's, what we do with lightsabers on a ride or airplane?

I can now personally relate what we did on the airplane with both our Savi’s lightsaber and our Mace Windu legacy lightsaber with 26” blade. Before we arrived at the airport we detached the hilt from the blade, put it in our carryon with the legacy hilt and left the blade in the Savi’s case. The legacy blade was in the box that it came in from the store. Then i folded the Savi’s carrying case over the 9 or so inches i could, put the boxed blade from the legacy against it, and used one of my hair ties to attach them together. Everything breezed through security no problem. Plenty of others had Savi’s sabers in line but they had left theirs whole. When boarding the plane i just clutched the blades in front of me, took a window seat and put the blade bundle on the floor at my feet. It was short enough that no one in front or back kicked it at all. The stewards never even gave it a second glance nor did i think they even saw it on the floor at all.
There was plenty of overhead bin space in our plane even though it was 100% full so I could have left it intact and put it in the overhead bin in front of our carryons, but i just felt better having it at my feet with me in control of it. So i worried before hand a little but it was so easy.

Yes you can do that. Do whatever you want to with it and then take it to droid depot to get it shipped home. It's was like 17 dollars for one saber with a stand when I went in November. Highly recommend. IT's a few more bucks but less stress for sure.

Will they also ship legacy lightsabers? A buddy would like me to pick him up a darksaber when I'm there and id like to just have it shipped to him from the park. is that a possibility?

We have to fly internationally after our Orlando trip. Curious how the German security staff will approach this one!

Another quick question. Am I able to build it, walk around a bit and take pictures and then go somewhere to get it shipped home or do you have to set that up immediately after building it?
We built, walked around, took pics, hopped to Epcot, then mailed ours home from the Poly for $35 (2 sabers). The photographers take special pics with lightsabers. They’re really well done

We shipped ours home and they arrived in three days. If you keep your receipt, you can do it from any store in any park. We shipped ours from the Emporium in MK on our last day.

We shipped ours home and they arrived in three days. If you keep your receipt, you can do it from any store in any park. We shipped ours from the Emporium in MK on our last day.
Did you do this recently?? We are looking to do this in July and wondering the best place to have it shipped home vs. take it on the plane.

Did you do this recently?? We are looking to do this in July and wondering the best place to have it shipped home vs. take it on the plane.
We did it last week😀. Super easy. Just keep your receipt and pretty much any store in any park can do it for you.

Can you pick up your lightsaber up at the end of the day or have Disney deliver it to your hotel room? I was able to book an afternoon reservation for Savi’s but don’t want to carry it around all day.
Last i heard there was no park to hotel room drop off at this time though i hope that changes soon!

Exact build date was April 22nd, shipped it from the Poly on April 24th. They told us it’ll take 2-3 weeks to receive at home. Ours came in 4-5 days along with our droids.

Thanks! This is super helpful to know. I am assuming it was at Pago Pago you did this?

Thanks! This is super helpful to know. I am assuming it was at Pago Pago you did this?

You have to mail them from the main gift shop at the GCH.Just ask the cm behind the register. Takes 5 minutes to fill out the forms then they do the rest. I have no idea what purpose the check in people at Pago Pago serve. Any question I asked they’d refer me elsewhere.

You have to mail them from the main gift shop at the GCH.Just ask the cm behind the register. Takes 5 minutes to fill out the forms then they do the rest. I have no idea what purpose the check in people at Pago Pago serve. Any question I asked they’d refer me elsewhere.
Thanks this have been super helpful

I have my family building 2 Droids this afternoon and was curious, do I need to take them back to our vehicle if we still are planning on riding rides this evening. I don't think we can carry these boxes onto rides. Any help would be appreciated!

A quick tip for anyone that wants to ship lightsabers, droids or other merchandise. Be sure you KEEP YOUR RECEIPT safe. The kids were super excited as they used their own money to get Spira and buy their items. In the chaos of them getting handed the reciepts and subsequent drenching rain the receipts were destroyed/tossed and even with all the reservation details and the receipts for one set Disney couldn't ship for us and we had to figure out carry on with them. We had asked about shipping and were told just take them to your resort gift shop and the receipt wasn't mentioned so we never even thought about it. Hope maybe it saves someone else issues.

We have headed over to Tatooine Traders (the gift shop after Star Tours) and ship them home. Very easy, not too expensive (I do not remember the exact cost, but I want to say its about $15/ea. which is justifiable considering how expensive the saber itself was...), the CMs are super helpful and wrap up them up really well. Then we don't have to worry about carrying them through the parks, risk of breaking on a flight home, etc. Never had any issues at all with the lightsabers breaking, not arriving, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter