Treasure Detector Magic=Location? Have an Idea, Check it out

Tonight in Elephant Bathing Pool, sorcerer mickey hat

I used my 1st magic last night in the haunted mansion lobby got a tiki fountain. I used my 2nd magic in the castle forecourt area and got Two thousand credits Woot Woot. I have to use my last magic still .

Best bet is to go to an empty room so you can move around faster. If there is a lot of ppl in that room you get stuck trying to walk by them. Then the magic pin runs out of time . Saw that happened to someone in the emporium today. They ended up with nothing cause they ran out of time.

Well, I was getting my daily credits and like the dungeon so thought I'd try it there.

But got ZIP! :sad2:

Read Belle Rosie's tips about moving, etc - it seemed to work for me! I used my two from New Year's yesterday - First in Tiki Room on the bridge - got a tiki fountain. Second in Forbidden Temple - got 2000 credits - woot! Thanks VMK!

hey at main st i found blue sorcerer hat and in typhoonlagoon guest room 5000 credits

I ended up with 2 pins by the end of the New Year's Eve party.
One I used that night in Forbidden Temple and got nothing.

The other I used last night again in the Forbedden Temple and again got zip. :(

I just used my detector magic in VMK gallery and won 2000 credits! I was really hoping for a sorcerer hat but hey I can't complain about 2000 credits. :)

I used mine in the VMK Gallery. I had great fun but it wasn't my day to win treasure. :rotfl:

I used all six of mine the day before they expired:

1.New Orleans Square= 5,000 credits
2.Injun Joes Cave (near the gold)= Nothing
3.VMK Gallery= Sorcerer Mickey Hat
4.Captains Quest Quarters (on the little balcony)= Nothing
5.Blue Bayou= Sorcerer Mickey Hat
6. Snow White Hide-n-Seek Forest (on the little cliff)= Nothing

Total Earnings:
2 Sorcerer Mickey Hats
5,000 Credits

that magic is preset with prize just like pirate keys so does not matter were you go to set it off

what is treasure detector magic and how do you get it?:surfweb: :confused: :confused3

Treasure Detector magic is a single use magic pin. It was available from codes given away in an Ebay promotion ( that has ended) and some were also given out by Hosts on New Years Eve. To use it, you choose a location in VMK, activate the magic and walk around. If you're lucky, you might find a "treasure". Some examples of what people found are in this thread and you will also see that many times you find nothing. Hopefully, this magic will be introduced into the game in some way soon. :)

wow, i want to update the list but so much to put up... i had another list up on another forum, when i finish that one ill start here

I know a lot of times many players have gotten random prizes but I believe VMK is now specifically placing items. Look at the this picture. I had just used TDM in Slinkyman's Epcot room. The Room had a total of 4 players.

treasuremagic.jpg

I'm standing in the exact same spot. Coincidence? or is VMK filling their light bulbs with Tiki Fountains :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter