Treasure MV - how many Pearl Members plan to book this?

Do you plan on booking the December 21 Treasure MV when bookings open on September 12?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

CastawayCayLover

Mouseketeer
Thought this would be an interesting poll now that the Maiden Voyage date and booking date are set and prices have been announced.

what umm idiot scheduled a maiden voyage Chrismas week? seriously Christmas time is fulloffunstuff but then you haveto add maiden voyage and all the glitches?Someone must have beensmoking something
It sounds like another bad decision by Disney. I bet they don't get the bookings they're expecting. Not after the disappointment in the Wish....and OMG the price. Hey, maybe the people who book it will get a good discount on a future cruise when it's not done on time.

The sad thing is they will probably sell out anyway, despite all of us knowing it is wayyy overprices (and likely subpar, given the headaches of getting a brand new ship up and running). There are always bloggers who write it off as a business expense and well-to-do people who don’t have qualms about overpaying. After all, Disney does regularly sell out concierge at even more eye popping prices on its sailings.

The sad thing is they will probably sell out anyway, despite all of us knowing it is wayyy overprices (and likely subpar, given the headaches of getting a brand new ship up and running). There are always bloggers who write it off as a business expense and well-to-do people who don’t have qualms about overpaying. After all, Disney does regularly sell out concierge at even more eye popping prices on its sailings.

That's why I was curious what other Pearl Castaway Members are doing. From the initial results, I would expect that there will be a lot of newer platinum and gold, maybe even some silver, members on this sailing.

what umm idiot scheduled a maiden voyage Chrismas week? seriously Christmas time is fulloffunstuff but then you haveto add maiden voyage and all the glitches?Someone must have beensmoking something

They are taking a lot longer from keel laying to maiden voyage with the Treasure. Should have been sailing by mid-summer of 2024, not at the end of the year.

Either they are having issues with some of the major components having longer lead times. Or they are simply giving themselves a lot more wiggle room to "get it right". (Disney needs no bad press on any front)

But I could see a number of Pearl Member passing on these prices… especially as this isn’t an all-new ship - mostly a duplicate of the WISH with some theming changes in some areas. Just like Dream and Fantasy are two peas in a pod.

Nope. Did not like the Wish and obviously they didn't change the Treasure layout, too bad.

Last edited:
Nope. Did not like the Wish and obviously they didn't change the Treasury layout, too bad.
Feel the same. The theming looks nice, but I’m afraid that’s where it ends. We sailed on the Wish and I can’t bring up a visual in my head of where anything was. Its like a disjointed dream that your trying to remember.

Umm no, not a fan of the Wish, so not really interested in this ship either. Plus, the price and cruising over Christmas. I will probably stick with the other ships that I love much better

not us, we are Pearl and have been on the Wish. not our favorite.

Nope. Did not like the Wish and obviously they didn't change the Treasury layout, too bad.

Feel the same. The theming looks nice, but I’m afraid that’s where it ends. We sailed on the Wish and I can’t bring up a visual in my head of where anything was. Its like a disjointed dream that your trying to remember.

Add me to the list of Pearl cruisers with very little interest in this ship. I've truly ben spoiled by the Fantasy and Dream adult pool deck/bar areas, that it will take a lot to measure up. Since that is where I spend most days, that is my priority. Ever since I sailed on the Wish I've been saying it...make deck 14 forward adults only.

Add me to the list of Pearl cruisers with very little interest in this ship. I've truly ben spoiled by the Fantasy and Dream adult pool deck/bar areas, that it will take a lot to measure up. Since that is where I spend most days, that is my priority. Ever since I sailed on the Wish I've been saying it...make deck 14 forward adults only.
That works only if they make that wading pool 5’ deep and add a bar.

That works only if they make that wading pool 5’ deep and add a bar.
The set up is similar to the other ships adult area. Currents is in a similar spot to where it is on the Dream and Fantasy but it’s not adult only. Even being all ages we enjoyed it more there than the adult only bar (where you can’t even sit at the bar). And I’m more interested in the sun decks on the sides of that deck. Again, the comparable areas on the Dream and Fantasy are adult only (and where I spend most days). I guess to me the wading pool is the next priority, but even that is fine with me…similar to Satellite Falls. I just need a little place to go sit for a few minutes to cool off, then get back to my chair. 😉

I'll go farther back in time. Give me the Magic and Wonder.

The set up is similar to the other ships adult area. Currents is in a similar spot to where it is on the Dream and Fantasy but it’s not adult only. Even being all ages we enjoyed it more there than the adult only bar (where you can’t even sit at the bar). And I’m more interested in the sun decks on the sides of that deck. Again, the comparable areas on the Dream and Fantasy are adult only (and where I spend most days). I guess to me the wading pool is the next priority, but even that is fine with me…similar to Satellite Falls. I just need a little place to go sit for a few minutes to cool off, then get back to my chair. 😉

Personally I prefer having a deeper pool to hang out in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter