Treat new snorkle mask?

S. C.

The mitten state
I read to where you should scrub your new mask with either soft scrub or tootpaste. Has anyone not done this to there new mask and been alright or will it always fog up if you don't?

You can buy anti-fog treatment at dive shops. I am sure a very thin coating of Vaseline would work. And there is always the tried and true method....spit into the dry mask and rinse once quickly with seawater....

That reminds me, I need to go find my mask!

We didnt treat our mask with the toothpaste because we figured it couldnt be that bad, got to the dive site we paid a FORTUNE for to Dive, got into the water, got down about 10 feet and couldnt see a thing! We surfaced, got into the boat, used the no fog and went back down, still couldnt see a thing. Finally one of the more "experienced" divers said he had some toothpaste with him so we cleaned them that way, THEN put the no fog on and had a great 2nd dive. I would suggest that you clean them with the toothpaste or soft scrub to get the film that they put on the lens to keep it scratch free off or it could potentially ruin your trip! It takes about 30 seconds to do it but could make all the difference in the world! We have bought 3 new masks since and havent made the mistake and havent had any problems like that either. We have over 40 dives in and still say to clean it properly, soak it properly and use good no fog and it will pay off in the end!

Just our opinion!
Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter