Treats and Seats - any help appreciated!

Drzoemouse

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I wonder if I might get some advice on Booking Treats and Seats for an upcoming visit?

We want to book desperately for July 31st - it is my daughter’s birthday and it is her one birthday gift wish. We tried to get it in previous visits but always somehow missed the boat, even though I thought I was quick off the mark!

The 60 day window is - I think - Friday (as we check-in on July 26th), but there seems to be confusion as to whether the arrival day applies for ‘extras’ or just the 60-day rule. So I’m not even sure exactly when I should be checking .

As a test run, I’ve been trying to check availability for days in the run up for the past week (to test what time I’d need to be online to grab one). But no matter when I check, the date 60 days from the day I’m on is always booked up - midnight, 6am, 7am - it seems to make no difference!

If anyone knows how to grab one of these I’d be really grateful! Is phoning best? Online never seems to show anything at all (I’ve checked availability every day for the next 60 and there is nothing!). And if anyone can work out what date / time they open, that would be super! Calling in the hive mind of Disney Wisdom here!!

I know treats and seats is popular (and sadly our only option as our daughter has a disability and needs a chair), but it seems incredibly difficult to figure out no matter how organised you are!

Last edited:
I just booked " seats and treats" on Tuesday at 60+3. Got up before midnight to do it. I would try midnight if I were you worked for me. I wish you all the luck to get it.

I booked this for July online. It was 60 +2 and I had no trouble booking it. I booked at 6:30 est time.

Thanks so much for the guidance. Completely sorry to be a bit of an idiot, but could you advise as to exactly how the (+days) work? I’d never been able to work out when to book what!

The details are that we check in on July 26th and want the party on July 31st (3 guests).

Does that mean booking opens on May 27th at midnight (EST)? Can we book the 31st then because we are resort guests?

Thank you!!

Thanks so much for the guidance. Completely sorry to be a bit of an idiot, but could you advise as to exactly how the (+days) work? I’d never been able to work out when to book what!

The details are that we check in on July 26th and want the party on July 31st (3 guests).

Does that mean booking opens on May 27th at midnight (EST)? Can we book the 31st then because we are resort guests?

Thank you!!

Google Disney reservation calculator, you'll be able to plug in your arrival date and see your window

1653501559724.png

Thank you!!
Yes...you can start booking 60 days from when you check in and as well for the rest of your trip at the same time, up to 10 days. So the 31st would be 60 (+5), and I would think you would be able to grab a reservation for the dessert party (although nothing is certain). This booking method is also why its better to book hard to get reservations for the end of your trip and why people have a hard time finding some reservations at exactly 60 days. My family loves doing at least one sit down meal or special event a day and being able to book for our entire vacation at 60 days is one of the reasons we stay on site.

Also I am not sure on the time...dining reservations start at 6:00 am est, I am not sure where the dessert parties fall but I was able to get a reservation at 6:30 est.

Thanks so much for all the guidance. At the moment, I can only check availability for now up until July 25th. As long as I am logged in, will the system magically realise that my reservation window has opened up at 60 days from check-in and allow me to book? I can try at midnight EST and at 6am EST. The 31st will be the last day of our trip, as we are only there for a few days.

We actually did this last night 5/25. That date didn’t open up until almost Three weeks after our 60 day date. My advise would be to to try it at your 60 day date but if says no times available, check back every day in case it just opens up late or there are cancellations.
Good luck & Happy Birthday to your daughter!

I didn't try for a dessert party, but I did try for an "extra" in that I called at my 60 day mark for a Beachcomber Shack at TL. I called twice and both CMs told me to wait until 60 days prior to the actual day I wanted even though I was supposed to get 60+10. So, I'm calling tomorrow because I want it on 7/26. Crossing my fingers for me and you both!

I have yet to see any availability for any of the dessert parties (pre, after, or seated) since our reservation window opened last Sunday. I have been trying for July 29 but have also been checking other dates just to see if anything was available from July 20 to 30 and nothing has come up any this week. I have a feeling these dates just haven't been loaded yet for some reason.

Ugh! What a pain! It does seem complex! Will try in a few hours and see what happens. Thanks for all the help! Good luck all. Will report the outcome of my midnight / 5am / 6am attempts!

Just to say the midnight attempt was a fail! In positive news, it did change at midnight to allow me to search for dates across my length of stay. But no times available for any party across any of the days I’m there.

Also tried to see if I could make any other ADRs but although MDE has my tickets, passes and resort reservation, if I searched for any date beyond the next 60 I just got an error message stating they couldn’t check availability right now and to make sure everything was linked up.

Not really sure now if I’ve made some mistake somewhere (but can’t think what it could be), if these bookings aren’t open yet, or if there is a glitch with my account.

Will try again in a few hours but looking less and less likely on the birthday treat. 😔

Don't be discouraged. I really don't think the end of July dates have actually dropped yet. This happens sometimes with these more unique experiences. I have been checking for my my daye all week since I was at the 60 + 9 day and found nothing for any of the parties. I know these are popular and do sell out but they don't sell out that quickly. I will keep you updated if I see them start to show availability.

For example, I started trying to book Savi's and Droid Depot Sunday morning when my reservation window opened. Nothing for these 2 places actually showed availability until I checked again on Tuesday morning and there were then plenty of times to choose from for the entire week (and still are). Just keep checking!

For example, I started trying to book Savi's and Droid Depot Sunday morning when my reservation window opened. Nothing for these 2 places actually showed availability until I checked again on Tuesday morning and there were then plenty of times to choose from for the entire week (and still are). Just keep checking!
Thanks so much! I checked again at 5.30am and again just now for the 6am opening, and nothing opened for the parties. My assumption was that people with long stays (say those with 60+12 or 60+14) were able to snag these later days before I could for my short one, but maybe there is still hope. But I'm not sure I can keep up daily midnight-6am checks!!

I did see that the fairytale dessert cruise on the 30th July was available, but I am under strict instructions that this has to be both on the birthday (which I might get some wiggle room on, but we leave on the 1st August and I doubt earlier dates will come up) and actually inside the magic kingdom. Also we need seats which I don't think the cruise has, but it is a shame that is there but not the others.

I saw on the plan Disney site an answer to a question posed about this only in March which came back with: "You can begin reserving these experiences at 6:00 a.m. EST up to 60 days before your arrival date." Is it strange that they havent dropped given this?!

Currently, the MK dessert parties are only bookable through 7/26. Nobody has been able to book them from 7/27 onward. It is typical that dessert parties are not available at the 60 day mark like a normal ADR. Disney will drop reservations for the parties in batches, usually a week or 2 at once. The next date drop will likely be 7/28 - 8/11and will happen in or around 60 days from 8/11, but I would highly recommend checking everyday until they are available.

Also, you can tell which days are available, by clicking on your preferred dessert party heading under the "Things to do" -->"Make reservations" tab on the website (not by "make reservations" in MDE), choosing a dessert party then check availability then select your date range. The calendar will then show your only the dates reservations are available.

Currently, the MK dessert parties are only bookable through 7/26. Nobody has been able to book them from 7/27 onward. It is typical that dessert parties are not available at the 60 day mark like a normal ADR. Disney will drop reservations for the parties in batches, usually a week or 2 at once. The next date drop will likely be 7/28 - 8/11and will happen in or around 60 days from 8/11, but I would highly recommend checking everyday until they are available.

Also, you can tell which days are available, by clicking on your preferred dessert party heading under the "Things to do" -->"Make reservations" tab on the website (not by "make reservations" in MDE), choosing a dessert party then check availability then select your date range. The calendar will then show your only the dates reservations are available.
This is super helpful to know (especially as I have been on hold to speak to the ADR line for the past 90 minutes and now feel I can stop!!).

It is great to see there may be availability coming through at some point. I realise it is hard to tell what day whey might drop so will do as you advise with daily checks, but do you have a sense as to what time of day is best to assume they would be released when they finally are on sale? Would you recommend setting up a daily check at midnight EST or 5am or 6am? I could likely do one of these each night / morning but don't ideally want to attempt them all. At some point I may have to accept that sleep is at least as important as Disney....

Thanks so much for all the help!

I have yet to see any availability for any of the dessert parties (pre, after, or seated) since our reservation window opened last Sunday. I have been trying for July 29 but have also been checking other dates just to see if anything was available from July 20 to 30 and nothing has come up any this week. I have a feeling these dates just haven't been loaded yet for some reason.
Hello again! Just wondered if you’ve had any luck with your late July booking of the MK dessert party? I’ve been checking many times each day but wonder if I missed the window (once or twice I didn’t manage it bang on 6am).

Hello again! Just wondered if you’ve had any luck with your late July booking of the MK dessert party? I’ve been checking many times each day but wonder if I missed the window (once or twice I didn’t manage it bang on 6am).

I've been looking for the first week in August and zero availability yet so whatever the next drop is, seems like it hasn't happened yet.

I still haven't seen any availability either. I will post if I ever see it open up 🙂.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter