• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Treehouse Villas/Bugs??

cordovacordova

Earning My Ears
:ccat: Does anyone that has stayed at the Treehouse Villas know if we will encounter alot of BUGS? Should I bring bug spray? I'm requesting a River view so should I be concerned about mosquitos eating us alive while trying to enjoy the deck at night????:confused3

:) When are you going? They are less of a bother in cool months...it is the warmer months that you have to be worried about. If I were staying on the water in FL during warmer months I would bring spray. Generally mosquitos stay closer to ground level. I have never really noticed lots of bugs at Disney. Love Bugs are aggrevating twice a year but they just simply float around and do not bite.

Bring the spray and have a great time.

We stayed in a treehouse in November and had no issue with bugs. The only issue we experienced during our stay was the corn snake on the deck. :scared1: Maintenance came over promptly and removed it!

We stayed in a treehouse in November and had no issue with bugs. The only issue we experienced during our stay was the corn snake on the deck. :scared1: Maintenance came over promptly and removed it!

Oh my, I hope we don't run into one of those LOL!!! We are going in October, so I guess I will pack bug spray (just in case) and keep our eyes peeled for those pesky slithering pests LOL! Thank you!

Don't worry about the corn snakes, they eat the mice and rats. LOL:happytv:

We stayed in our Treehouse in May and the mosquitos were so bad that we couldn't use our door space at all. In fact, we practically ran from our car to the inside because they were waiting for us each time we returned to our villa.

We were there over NYE and had no bugs.

I think it depends on the time of the year.

We had two week long stays at THV and had no problem with mosquitoes. One stay was in September and the other was late Feb or early March. Absolutely love THV. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pack insect repellant especially if you won't have a car. Have fun!

We were there this past early June. Brought spray with us but never even opened it. :upsidedow

Been there for 10 days in Feb and again in Dec - no bugs at all day or night. Enjoy!

just got back and though I brought bug spray, I never even thought of using it. no bugs for us I'm February

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We stayed in a THV this past October and had no issues with bugs. We also had a river view.

We stayed at the THV for a week last September and had no trouble with bugs. We never had to use our bug spray at all and didn't get bite up. I guess fall must be better than spring there.

We stayed over spring break - last week in March- and had no issues with bugs. Loved the serenity of them.

Disney uses a lot of pest control measures with the result that some would say mosquitos are banned from WDW. Nevertheless, the treehouse area faces more of a risk of some escaping eradication than elsewhere and thus having some spray if the actual need does arise is advisable.

We were there in Nov. No bugs. We were visited by a small tree frog that seems to get bigger each time the story is told.:)

So I see one response that bugs were bad at the Treehouses in May. Other than that it looks good. Unfortunately we're planning a May trip - would love to hear what others have to say about bugs at THV in May.
Thanks!

Several years ago.. almost 16, we stayed in the Treehouses, before they were cast housing, before they were DVC. I was the only one of our family who was bothered by Deer Flies. and I'll tell you they ate me up! I'll never forget that trip. I could not walk from the car to get inside without getting a bite. I am allergic to Mosquitoes, and apparantly to Deer Flies too. Those bites left marks that stayed for almost year. Definatly take bug spray, if you need it, use it.. if not , Better yet!

we stayed this past october and no problem with bugs. I have the type of blood bugs flock to to bite and no problem. We were hoping to see more "critters" that is why we stayed there....tree frogs etc but the only thing we saw were rats...some kind of endangered "special rat" lol I forget the name. We saw a couple in the bush the first night and not again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter