• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tremaine Sisters and Their Makeover!

They were by far our favorite character meet. My husband still talks about them.

The new dresses are too busy, the wigs are toned down and sloppy looking, and the makeup is missing the gaudy punch the sisters are famous for.

Big mistake, IMO. They look almost like Disney-bounding guests.

Looks like they fell into the tapestries! I guess I'm a purist, but I like the old garbs. BUT...that being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tremaines, so I don't care what they wear!

The new dresses are too busy, the wigs are toned down and sloppy looking, and the makeup is missing the gaudy punch the sisters are famous for.

Really? No way would I mistake them for Disneybounding guests in those dresses. Disneybounders don't wear hoop skirts.

As long as the girls are just as tacky as always, who cares. I love them. My wife and I book dinner every year at 1900 just because of them. My most cherished dinner with the girls was the year I received a kiss from both of them on the cheek at the same time. It was my 60th birthday and I had just shoo'ed Cinderella away from the table because Anastasia was walking up to us. I told her I got rid of Cinderella because she is too sweet. I like my girls dirty. She laughed out loud, called Drizella over and I got a picture with them giving me a kiss on the cheek. What a night. I will be having dinner with them again in 5 days. Can't wait.

Pretty much the only characters I get excited about seeing in the park. They are always hilarious. Once I rope dropped the bakery in France in Epcot and shortly after taking a seat outside, they cam walking by. They spent about 5 minutes chatting with my Aunt and I, and it was great.

I like the dresses. Subtle changes but improvements at the same time. Good all the way around as far as I'm concerned. And I agree with PP, better than what they did to a couple of the Princess dresses (Jasmine, sorry hun, I'm looking at you)

:rotfl2:

I totally agree with you on the Jasmine look. That is one I did not warm up to.

Wouldn't hideously tacky suit those characters though?

I also think the dresses are ugly. And since Drizella is my daughter's absolute favorite, then I just prefer she look like she should. It doesn't suit her. We will love her regardless and still visit "our" Drizella, like we have for eight years. But I don't have to like the dresses.

If they were going more for the live-action characters, who are pretty tacky, they missed the mark. Because this does not look like them at all.

I'm not so sure that the makeup is toned down though. The "after" shot looks washed out/overexposed to me.

I like the stepsister dresses. I agree with pp about the stepmothers wimpy dress. It needs a redo. But worst costume change ever goes to Beast at BOG.

I agree.

I think the original costumes look more cartoonish, and when it comes to characters, that’s a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter