Trending on Facebook - what do you miss?

Domo

Wotcha
WISHES and Soarin' Over California - the new one just doesn't cut it for me.

Do you mean, what do people miss that used to be at WDW?

Horizons, The Great Movie Ride, If You Had Wings (aka Dreamflight), original (before Ellen version) Universe of Energy including pre-show with projections on rotating blocks, the Pleasure Island nightclubs (especially Comedy Warehouse) and the nightly New Year's Eve celebration, the Osborne Lights, the way all of Epcot's Future World used to be educational as well as fun, and all the songs they used to have on Future World rides. I miss the tunnels with projected images that some of the old rides used to have. I miss when you could show up for a day at Epcot and talk with a cast member on a video screen and make same-day dining reservations at any restaurant in the park. I miss the Main Street Electrical Parade, or even having any nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom outside of party nights.

Also miss when the WDW resorts were not as expensive; when they had free parking for people staying there; when WDW overall IMHO had a stronger culture of high quality customer service (as many cast members still do, but IMHO it's less pervasive than it once was); when the park restrooms used to be consistently clean; and when all the indoor rides had air conditioning that felt cool enough.

Our family misses Disney Quest. My DH and DS (age 9) enjoyed the games there. We would get an annual pass and just go over for an hour or two after dinner or for an afternoon break, several times per vacation.

Do you mean, what do people miss that used to be at WDW?....original (before Ellen version) Universe of Energy including pre-show with projections on rotating blocks.....
....I can't imagine anyone missing this.....BOR-ring!

....me too...that's why I like the "Ellen" version better....
I found the earlier version more educational, and the pre-show on the rotating blocks was one of my favorite parts. Also, I didn't care for the way the Ellen version of this attraction bashed the college roommate. Surely there must be a way to have fun without picking on an innocent person.

....okay.....um, do you recall that her roommate used to do the same thing? [BTW, it's just a show - it wasn't reality...]
No, I didn't catch the part that her roommate used to do the same thing.

Also I understand it's just a show, but my impression was that it set an example to be mean to people, which could have promoted future bad behavior by children and even adults in the audience. I would have liked the show better if the two of them had found a way to reconcile and reach a better understanding of each other.

This being a "what do you miss" thread, I wasn't expecting it to become a debate that what a particular person misses, is not a valid thing to miss. We each miss different things. I'd rather not debate this any further, and wish you a good day. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter