Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Hi all. I have a quick question. I understand that if you schedule your regular FP+s for earlier in the day, and your CL FP+s for later in the day, then, once you scan in for your third regular FP+, you can go into MDE and add on a fourth regular FP+. Just like always, notwithstanding the fact that you have three CL FP+s still to use.

My question is whether or not you can schedule a fourth or subsequent FP+ window that overlaps with one of your CL FP+ windows. I know that you can't have an overlap between regular and CL FP+s when you first book them, but is that also true for fourth regular FP+s?

In other words, let's say that I schedule my three regular FP+s for 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12. And then I schedule my three CL FP+s for 12-1, 1-2, and 2-3. Once I scan in for my last regular FP+ at 11, will MDE allow me to schedule a fourth FP+ with a return window during the next four hours, or will it only allow a fourth FP+ with a return window beginning after 3:00?

Thanks for your help.
You would only be able to book your 4th FP after 3 pm. You cannot overlap FP's even if they are CL. Someone can correct me if they have overlapped FP's like in your example. I haven't actually used the program yet. I am just going by what has been posted here by other people. I hope that helps.

I just got of the phone with DSS with a question regarding our upcoming stay. She was bringing up the logistics of the program and I knew the reserved viewing leaves on Sept 16th. When I asked about the 4th FP+ being offered instead I was told that is only allowed for ones being booked in a certain time frame??? All CL FP+ that will be booked here on out will be only given the 3 FP and nothing else. Has anyone else been told that?
The 4th FP has been very YMMV. We'll need more data points to determine if this was one CM or an actual new policy.

I'm curious as to why folk are not taking advantage of the ability to book multiple parks with these CL FP+.

Everyone is unique, I got that, but why duplicate a ride when there are SO many others out there available to book?

I am kicking myself for not booking CL FP at a different park during my recent trip. Will make a mental note when I plan for my next trip.

I just got of the phone with DSS with a question regarding our upcoming stay. She was bringing up the logistics of the program and I knew the reserved viewing leaves on Sept 16th. When I asked about the 4th FP+ being offered instead I was told that is only allowed for ones being booked in a certain time frame??? All CL FP+ that will be booked here on out will be only given the 3 FP and nothing else. Has anyone else been told that?

The nighttime viewing really added value to the CL FP program. I am hoping Disney to bring back nighttime viewing in the near future.

I am kicking myself for not booking CL FP at a different park during my recent trip. Will make a mental note when I plan for my next trip.

The nighttime viewing really added value to the CL FP program. I am hoping Disney to bring back nighttime viewing in the near future.

I agree! The nighttime viewing was a large part of what made this “worth it” to me. Without it, I will have to think hard about whether I would ever do this again.

I agree with both of you! It really added to the program, almost as much as the extra fast passes IMO.

I’m a little sad I didn’t book the CL FP for my trip that starts this Sat but my husband hates AK do I thought it was not that useful. I should have gone with my gut and booked them and used them for pandora one night... he told me 2 days ago he wants to ride the pandora rides. - REALLY?!?! He does not understand. I told him we could try, but probably not. Husbands!!!! (Sorry to all the husbands who understand how Disney works now).

Tested fate today and called DSS to cancel one day of my booked CL FP days. I was worried b/c I had made two duplicates during my other days. Nothing was said about the duplicates, but regular FPs were also cancelled along with the purchased ones (understood). I'm 2 1/2 weeks away from 60 days. So now the hunt for FoP will begin at 7 am on 9/7!

Tested fate today and called DSS to cancel one day of my booked CL FP days. I was worried b/c I had made two duplicates during my other days. Nothing was said about the duplicates, but regular FPs were also cancelled along with the purchased ones (understood). I'm 2 1/2 weeks away from 60 days. So now the hunt for FoP will begin at 7 am on 9/7!

I know it's already done, so I guess this won't help you, but why couldn't you have just cancelled after you hit the 60 day mark? Then you wouldn't have lost your other 3 regular FPs (at least I would assume you wouldn't). You can cancel up to 2 days prior without penalty.

I know it's already done, so I guess this won't help you, but why couldn't you have just cancelled after you hit the 60 day mark? Then you wouldn't have lost your other 3 regular FPs (at least I would assume you wouldn't). You can cancel up to 2 days prior without penalty.
Yes. I totally could have waited until 2 days before but I was told “most likely” my regular FPs would stay put. That made me nervous. Also, I was scared of waiting that long and the CM seeing my duplicates and cancelling them as well and not having options at that time. It’s ok. I almost was “missing” that feeling of getting to try for fast passes at that 60 day mark. It’s a challenge!

Yes. I totally could have waited until 2 days before but I was told “most likely” my regular FPs would stay put. That made me nervous. Also, I was scared of waiting that long and the CM seeing my duplicates and cancelling them as well and not having options at that time. It’s ok. I almost was “missing” that feeling of getting to try for fast passes at that 60 day mark. It’s a challenge!
I would have made the same call! I'd rather have a shot at getting it myself when the booking window opens than try to pick it back up if DSS cancelled it.

I’m a little sad I didn’t book the CL FP for my trip that starts this Sat but my husband hates AK do I thought it was not that useful. I should have gone with my gut and booked them and used them for pandora one night... he told me 2 days ago he wants to ride the pandora rides. - REALLY?!?! He does not understand. I told him we could try, but probably not. Husbands!!!! (Sorry to all the husbands who understand how Disney works now).

Call DSS to see what FP inventory is like. You never know

For Fastasmic on Wed Aug 15th we couldn't find the reserved viewing area. I had to argue our way even into the fast pass area I asked for Club level, VIP, magical extras. The last CM said we were in the correct spot and we were seated in the very crowded regular fastpass/dining area in the upper back rows. I saw many CMs with blue glow sabers but not the one by the roped area at the very back which also largely filled by show time.

For illuminations on Thurs Aug 16th we couldn't find it either after asking everyone a CM sent me to a section with CMs in striped shirts but they didn't have our name on the list for that roped off section, we tried the handicap section and in the gift shop then ended up in the regular fastpass section.

Not sure if they are phasing it out early or if we were an anomaly or just had CMs who didn't know where to send us.

For Fastasmic on Wed Aug 15th we couldn't find the reserved viewing area. I had to argue our way even into the fast pass area I asked for Club level, VIP, magical extras. The last CM said we were in the correct spot and we were seated in the very crowded regular fastpass/dining area in the upper back rows. I saw many CMs with blue glow sabers but not the one by the roped area at the very back which also largely filled by show time.

For illuminations on Thurs Aug 16th we couldn't find it either after asking everyone a CM sent me to a section with CMs in striped shirts but they didn't have our name on the list for that roped off section, we tried the handicap section and in the gift shop then ended up in the regular fastpass section.

Not sure if they are phasing it out early or if we were an anomaly or just had CMs who didn't know where to send us.

I didn't see Illuminations but my experience at Fantasmic was just like yours.
I hope your family still got to enjoy the show though.
I wrote an email to DSS regarding the confusion at Fantasmic and my overall experience on the CL FP program.
I think all of us should do Disney a favor to let them know how this program will help them make extra $$ since Disney is in the nickel-and-dime mode.

Odd, we went to Fantasmic on Wednesday too, and I said we were with the Club level purchased viewing they said to go to the 2nd Mickey. We got there, and the guy said where would you like to sit, and I said "we can go right here and make it easy on you" It was 2nd from back row, dead center, and no one really around us. Perfect spot.

Also reporting back on our experience.
We booked our $FP for morning spots. 1st day was HS, and we did EMH, got all the main rides in before 8;30, and then started all over with FPs. Rode Slinky, SB 1st, then with $FP at 9:30, then with dup FP at 5:30, and then SB again at 10:15. (20 min wait)
Moral, could have done it without the $FP, but it did make for a fun filled day. :)
Thursday at Epcot, we arrived at 9:30 for our first $FP at TT, then Soarin, then Frozen, and the dup FP for Soarin again.
We did not do Illuminations.
The only real value was having the 3 tier 1s, obviously. Epcot just doesn't have anough rides to interest us, AND, my goodness the "FP" lines are so much longer here...
Friday was MK, and we got lucky when they extended the hours to 7am EMH 8 open. I grabbed SDMT at 8am with my reg FPs, then started our $FP at 9.
We ended up skipping Pirates $FP, which was at 11:30, after our 10:30 CP breakfast. We did it SB earlier with a 5 min wait. We also ended up riding BTMR 4x total that day, $FP and SB 3x; Space 3x, FP and SB 2x; and SPlash 2x, $FP and SB. We didn't have any dups here.
Moral, probably could have done without $FP, but again, made for a funfilled day.
Saturday was AK. No dups, had all main rides FP'd. No issues, skipped ROL, much to my disappoinment, but the kids were shot by 8pm, heat and the MNSSHP the night b4, so we hit Dinosaur one last time in SB, and left.
Definitely appreciated $FP this day.

We watched HEA from our Club Theme park room, 4848, at the end of the hallway. So nice to watch it from the comfort of our balcony, with snacks, and no crowds to fight afterwards. :)

Would I do it again? It would depend on time of year, hours of park, and how many of my family came with. If it was all of us, no way. $$$$ This trip was only 4 of us, so not too bad...

I didn't see Illuminations but my experience at Fantasmic was just like yours.
I hope your family still got to enjoy the show though.
I wrote an email to DSS regarding the confusion at Fantasmic and my overall experience on the CL FP program.
I think all of us should do Disney a favor to let them know how this program will help them make extra $$ since Disney is in the nickel-and-dime mode.

I had the same experience at fantasmic last night that you and others are reporting! We did have a screenshot of the "reservation" on my dd's phone so that got us through the fp line but then none of the CM's had any idea about club level reservations and we weren't on the "vip" list so they just told us we could sit in the dining section "just this once!". Luckily it was just 2 of us so we found a good seat and enjoyed the show.

I had to call DSS today for some changes and they were able to help me switch everything I needed to - my younger dd was sick on Sunday so they basically helped me switch everything we had planned to do Sunday to today - including HEA - that was helpful.

I mentioned my issue with fantasmic and they seem to be aware of it - he did assure me that MK knows how to handle this better and we would have no issues tonight.

We have had some ups and downs using the program and I am going to re-cap to DSS after my trip. We tried to modify CL FP+ after hours but the after hours number just had the same recording as the regular number. If I had realized this I would not have booked CL after hours just in case.

I had the same experience at fantasmic last night that you and others are reporting! We did have a screenshot of the "reservation" on my dd's phone so that got us through the fp line but then none of the CM's had any idea about club level reservations and we weren't on the "vip" list so they just told us we could sit in the dining section "just this once!". Luckily it was just 2 of us so we found a good seat and enjoyed the show.

I had to call DSS today for some changes and they were able to help me switch everything I needed to - my younger dd was sick on Sunday so they basically helped me switch everything we had planned to do Sunday to today - including HEA - that was helpful.

I mentioned my issue with fantasmic and they seem to be aware of it - he did assure me that MK knows how to handle this better and we would have no issues tonight.

We have had some ups and downs using the program and I am going to re-cap to DSS after my trip. We tried to modify CL FP+ after hours but the after hours number just had the same recording as the regular number. If I had realized this I would not have booked CL after hours just in case.

Hope your DD is already feeling better. Enjoy the HEA tonight. CM at HEA definitely know where you need to go.

Wow. Did you talk to the CL concierge or DSS while on your trip about your experience? A CL concierge and I would have definitely had a chat after night 1 of that nonsense.

I'm assuming this includes TSL FPs? This sounds like a change since it was being reported they could only access normal FP inventory when people have been requesting changes lately. It makes sense to me, I know CL concierges have the power to do this sort of thing. I'm wondering if they escalated some way and pulled strings for you so to speak. I know from personal experience CL (or DSS? I was communicating via text to the CL conceirge) do have some sort of FP override capabilities but rarely use them.

I'm assuming this includes TSL FPs? This sounds like a change since it was being
reported they could only access normal FP inventory when people have been requesting changes lately. It makes sense to me, I know CL concierges have the power to do this sort of thing. I'm wondering if they escalated some way and pulled strings for you so to speak. I know from personal experience CL (or DSS? I was communicating via text to the CL conceirge) do have some sort of FP override capabilities but rarely use them.

No, no TSL or Pandora - luckily it was a fairly easy do over at the MK.

My older dd is really good with the system so she was able to get most of what we wanted by switching our regular FP+ herself yesterday morning (including 7DMT!). We originally called DSS from the Studios yesterday but the CM only changed the nighttime viewing.

This morning I called again and asked DSS to switch the 3 CL FP+. We got POTC, Buzz and Peter Pan, the only seemingly difficult one for him was Peter Pan but he managed to get 2 of us and then overlap a window for the third.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter